LCD register setting - gamma setting, dithering, etc.

Hi,
when using a Colibri iMX7 board with Torizon, any way to set more specific LCD parameters, like gamma, dithering? Maybe the ARM does not support these features?

Regards,
Staffan

Hi @kordina,

My understanding is that gamma and dithering are software-related and not hardware driver settings and such. In this case it’s going to depend on what graphics stack you are running. Can you share a bit more about your use case?

Drew

Hi Drew,
thanks for your reply. First of all, I am not the guy programming the Colibri; I´m the FAE for LCDs supporting my customer using a Colibroi with the iXM7. The customer has a problem with the display performance and is looking for ways to optimize. Normally the graphics controller will take care of these tasks and therefore I am asking if the iXM7 has any build in graphics support functions (not havong to use any software which may load the main processor). Then if available, how to access these functions. This is where I have to step back as I´m not into that kind of work. I would then pass the information to my customer and their software guy would contact you to continue the work.

Regards,
Staffan

The iMX7 SOC has no GPU. It uses just a frame buffer. So any image adjustment is done by SW only. If you need a HW GPU you can choose either Colibri iMX6 or Colibri iMX8X module.