Latest WinCE SDK issues on VS2008

Colibri WinCE SDK2.1 for WInCE7.

I have a MS Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition with Version 9.0.21022.8 RTM, which contains Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 91605-130-0135113-60807.

I then acquired toradex_ce6_sdk_2.1.zip from Toradex Documents - Toradex CE6 SDK. I installed SDK2.1 for CE6 with VS2008 closed. Then started VS2008. Which picks up the Toradex_CE600 SDK platform. I then created a Win32 Smart Device Project for Visual C++ Smart Device using Toradex_CE600 Platform with Application type as Windows Application and Non-Empty project. With nothing added, I was able to build the project with both debug and release configuration. I added my own code and things are working fine.

Here comes the problematic part:
I did the same for CE7.
Acquired toradex_ce7_sdk_2.1.zip from Toradex Documents - Toradex CE7 SDK. I installed SDK2.1 for CE7 with VS2008 closed. Then started VS2008. Which picks up the Toradex_CE700 SDK platform. I then created a Win32 Smart Device Project for Visual C++ Smart Device using Toradex_CE700 Platform with Application type as Windows Application and Non-Empty project. With nothing added, I ran build and came across whole bunch of errors. Attached please find the build log for the release configuration build. Don’t know if I did anything wrong and/pr how to fix those errors. Appreciate your help to get out of this pit. Thanks.
BuildLog.htm (67.4 KB)

Could you try to disable the “precompiled header” option (in the project settings).
Configuration Properties => C/C++ => Precompiled Headers . If you modify these settings you will should do that for all configurations (e.g. Debug and Release ).

Right after the project is created, I went change the “Creating/Use Precompiled Header” selection to “Not Using Precompiled Headers” for both Debug and Release configuration before I did anything. The build log, attached, is almost the same as before.

One thing worthnoting is that at the last step of creating a new project, labelled as “Project Settings” before clicking “Finish”, under Additional options, “Empty project” is unchecked, which is what we want, while “Precompiled header” is checked, which is grayed out and cannot be changed. Don’t know whether that means we have to somehow maually edit the Command Lines, which is shown in the BuildLog.html, if it is not regenreated by Visual Studio everytime.

(I couldn’t figure out a way to attach the html directly. Therefore, I use the “continue the discussion” approach to attach the BuildLog.html indirectly. Sorry about the inconvinience and confusion this may cause.)

Hi @MichaelFang ,

I think maybe there is an issue with the order of include folders in your SDK Settings.
Can you Check under Tools->Options, then Projects and Solutions, VC++ Directories
Select “Toradex_CE700 (ARMv4I)” as a Platform and check that the include folders and order looks something like this:

NOTE: Your SDK Root Installation Folder might be slightly different, but i hope this helps to identify what’s wrong.

Hi @germano.tx,

I am facing the same issue but not able to resolve it with the help, you provided in the trailing thread. Kindly suggest some solution worked for it.

Windows 10, VS2008, Wince7 SDK, imx7D

Please find the attached image of the configuration for your reference.

Hi,

Errors resolved with VS2008 Service Pack 1 Installation.

Thanks