i’m trying to compile kernel module direct on target but i faced this error as below
root@colibri-imx6:/# make -C /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/build M=$(pwd) modules
make: *** /lib/modules/4.1.39-2.7.2+gba2f75f/build: No such file or directory. Stop.
Do i have missed something?
While we do not recommend to do any native compilation and all our BSPs do not include many of the needed environments/tools to do so you may of course still waste your time doing it. A few things to look out for:
- Make sure to install a proper native tool chain.
- Make sure to get the proper kernel sources.
- Make sure you do not run out of space (e.g. use SD cards, USB memory sticks or the like to extend if required).
- Make sure you do not run out of time.
- Don’t even think about there being any easy way of deploying that one native module mess to several modules now!