Ixora v1.1 device tree usage in OE

Hello. I am currently making some development in Apalis + Ixora environment and while i was working on the device tree to include an external module and trying to use Ixora’s double colored LEDs GPIOs to test GPIO manipulation i noticed i was not compiling the correct version of my carrier board.

Currently in apalis-imx6.conf file in toradex’s BSP it just uses the following device trees:
KERNEL_DEVICETREE += "imx6q-apalis-eval.dtb imx6q-apalis_v1_0-eval.dtb \ imx6q-apalis-ixora.dtb imx6q-apalis_v1_0-ixora.dtb"

So, i changed this to: KERNEL_DEVICETREE += "imx6q-apalis-eval.dtb imx6q-apalis_v1_0-eval.dtb \ imx6q-apalis-ixora-v1.1.dtb imx6q-apalis_v1_0-ixora.dtb"

According to this thread i changed the update.sh as well. (Didn’t create a patch for UBoot yet since i can just save the variable in UBoot for now.

Unfortunately, when I try to compile my custom image, in the do_image_sdcard and do_image_teziimg steps it gives an error message, notifying that it can’t find the .dtb file from ixora v1.1.

core-image-minimal-1.0-r0 do_image_sdcard: imx6q-apalis-ixora-v1.1.dtb does not exist.

Am I missing something? Did i overlook any step?

Regards,

Hi

There is a limitation in the oe-core meta data when using device trees which have more than one ‘.’ in its file name.

Adding the Ixora V1.1 to the oe build is on the roadmap for the Q3 release. (Note that we might rename the device tree to imx6q-apalis-ixora-v1_1.dtb in the process to stay consistent with other versions in the dtb names.)

The needed fixes are:

• A patch for meta-freescale.

• Two patches in meta-toradex*, see here and here.

Max

Hello max,

I would never reach that conclusion on my own. These patches worked. I am now able to make images again, and this time with the proper devices trees.

Thank you for your help, hope this can help other users.

Are those patches applied upstream? I am using the morty branch and still having the same error. It would be nice to fix upstream such that no one needs to keep those patches and apply it.

Hi

I asked for it upstream.
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2017-September/020940.html

The patches in meta-toradex-nxp will be in our next release. And if the meta-freescale patch will not be acceptable for morty we will apply this patch downstream which will omit the generation of the sdcard image.

Please note this about what “-next” means in our branches.

Max