Issue with eGalaxyTouchDriver and COM Ports on WinCE 2013

Hello Toradex Communtiy!

We have to install the eGalaxTouchDriver on WinCE, we followed the instruction in this website, but when we copied the .dll and imported the registries, the touch didn’t work and the COMs stopped to send data and just receive.

I believe that is something in the registry that is ruining my COM port, the problem is even cleaning the registry on the E-Boot didn’t solve the problem, we installed a Linux image and returned to the WinCE 2013 but it didn’t solve the error too.

I’d like to know if there is another way to clean all the registries and have our COMs ports working again.

Besides that I’d like to know too if someone made this touch work on WinCE and can give us some advice.

Thanks in advance.

Dear @daniel_m.tx,
Thanks for contacting on the community!

We have to install the
eGalaxTouchDriver on WinCE, we
followed the instruction in this
website, but when we copied the .dll
and imported the registries, the touch
didn’t work and the COMs stopped to
send data and just receive.

Could you please share the specific which you used? There are few drivers on that website. If you share exact driver, I will go through the changes and let you know if I find anything from there.

I believe that is something in the
registry that is ruining my COM port,
the problem is even cleaning the
registry on the E-Boot didn’t solve
the problem, we installed a Linux
image and returned to the WinCE 2013
but it didn’t solve the error too.

Which COM port are you using? COM1 will be used for debug message by default. I guess you are not using touch peripheral on COM1 port. Please log the debug messages and share with us, it may help us to find the cause.

I’d like to know if there is another
way to clean all the registries and
have our COMs ports working again.
Besides that I’d like to know too if
someone made this touch work on WinCE
and can give us some advice.

A couple of our customers contacted us to use this driver, I made an installer for them but that use USB driver, it is not a UART driver.

Hello @raja.tx,

Thanks for your answer.

Sorry, I didn’t explain very well, we already made the Touch work, the point is, after the COM2 and COM3 stopped to send data.

Which COM port are you using? COM1 will be used for debug message
by default. I guess you are not using touch peripheral on COM1 port.
Please log the debug messages and share with us, it may help us to find
the cause.

We are using COM2 and COM3.

@raja.tx could you please provide us with this installer? It seems that the customer is indeed using a USB device.

We had a similar problem with this driver. We found that we had to adjust the order of loading drivers at boot. I believe the COM driver must be up before the touch driver is loaded. Also, the instructions for the CE6 showed calibration points set in the registry file, but those calibration points were missing in the registry file for the Embedded Compact 2013 driver/.reg files.