Issue in Debugging on Torizon ARMv7 Platform with VS Code

About System :

1)imx7 on iris carrier board
2)imx7 is connected device with vs code’s environment
3)followed instruction set from quickstart guide for imx7 , iris carrier board , windows (Supporting OS)

About Issue :

1)Local run with python is getting run.
2)When we choose Torizon ARMv7 and we debug , it shows a window(window’s “Show Errors” button shows blank result) (IMG attached below) and at TERMINAL , below message displayed :

“”"
failed to solve: failed to compute cache key: failed to calculate checksum of ref 72889994-4d08-41a7-8f8b-6aa18e0ea807::13klywe4mq7zotjswgagyirvz: “/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu”: not found
“”"

Greetings @intersense.design,

I believe I know what the issue is. As seen from your error logs it fails on building your container specifically this line:

COPY --from=opengles /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu /usr2/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu

This line targets the /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu, directory but this directory is for arm64 devices which the imx7 is not. I see this line comes from our default templates here: vscode-torizon-templates/python3Pyside2QML/Dockerfile.debug at dev · toradex/vscode-torizon-templates · GitHub

Let me bring this up with our IDE team and see if we can get this cleared up.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Any updates on the issue?

Hi @intersense.design,

I believe this should be resolved now if you see the latest version of our templates: python3Pyside2QML: Fix the Dockerfiles · toradex/vscode-torizon-templates@95fb986 · GitHub

Are you still having this issue?

Best Regards,
Jeremias