Is Torizon default container login still torizon/torizon for version 6.2xx?

Using Torizon 5.7 with containers, I can log into it via ssh using the torizon/torizon login. Using 6.x I can’t, and thus I cannot debug with it.
Verdin imx8m plus v1.1
Verdin Dev board v1.1

Also, Downloading Torizon 5.7 build 20 with containers doesn’t boot all the way up on my Verdin plus board. The screen is driven blank, so no image, but doesn’t go to sleep. I see the splash screen come and go, but nothing else.

And now for some reason, I can’t connect on the backend for the debugger anymore. So I am dead in the water.

I have tried both the early access torizon extension as well as the normal one (which I could never get working anyway) and still it is not connecting.

I am geting SH tunnel erro.:: Error (539) - SSH tunnel error : could not establish session to SSH gateway.

Hi @Evets ,

Is Torizon default container login still torizon/torizon for version 6.2xx?

You mean the default login credentials when first logging in on TorizonCore 6? Yes, login and password should be torizon, and you should be immediately prompted to change the password after the first login.

Version 1 of the IDE extension (the one you’re using) doesn’t support TorizonCore 6 or later. So in this case I’d recommend either using TorizonCore 5.7.2 or use TorizonCore 6 but use V2 of our extension (ApolloX) instead.

If you try using ApolloX:

What you described about TorizonCore 5.7.2 not booting all the way could be an issue that was recently discovered: 5.7.2 with evaluation containers shipped with an incompatible version of the weston-vivante container (torizon/weston-vivante:3), so it doesn’t initialize successfully. Because there is no display server functioning, the chromium container also fails. The TorizonCore team is currently looking into this problem.

Keep in mind that this particular issue only affects the evaluation containers and if needed torizon/weston-vivante:2 provides a functioning display server. Everything else i.e. connection through SSH, serial, docker, etc. should work as expected.

And now for some reason, I can’t connect on the backend for the debugger anymore. So I am dead in the water.

What do you mean exactly by backend for the debugger?

Lastly, if you can’t use the device at all with TorizonCore 5.7.2, can you see any output on the serial connection when booting it?

Best regards,
Lucas Akira

Hi @lucas_a.tx
Well, before ApolloX didn’t work on VSC, only in Visual studio. Does it work on VSC now? So no, I have not tried that. But this system was working earlier this morning. I was trying to update my docker image, to use can as one of your articles mention, but I’ve reverted all that and I still can’t get it to connect. It fails trying to make the tunnel connection. And yes it fails on both 5.7 and 6.1 and 6.2. I had the same issue a few weeks ago and it was because it was invoking a password to use the private key for .ssh on my computer. However, I figured out a workaround for that, so that is not the problem.

The backend connection is where it tries to make a tunnel connection to the dev board. It can’t make that connection.

Steve

@lucas_a.tx ,
I have tried rebuilding the sdk, I’ve tried rebuild the docker file, but I can’t seem to get it to connect. Is it using some signature off the docker file to make sure it connection with that particular container to do the debugging?
I have even tried creating a new project, to no avail.

Hi @lucas_a.tx
I figured out what the problem was. I looked into the windows defender firewall and found there were serveral “moses.exe” and “moses” apps that were not allowed. Maybe some update or whatever changed the exe and it wasn’t allowed to connect through the firewall. I also added Visual Studio Code app as an additional app that was allowed to connect through the firewall.
Now when I go load the project, it connects to the development board.

Steve

Hi @Evets ,

Glad you were able to find a solution!

Best regards,
Lucas Akira