Is there an alternative from the Toradex Easy Installer for the Colibri i.MX 7

Hi All,

We are currently facing the issue that Flashing Embedded Linux to iMX7 Modules is not supported by the legacy update scripts for the Colibri iMX7 Dual 1GB (eMMC). Our main problem is that we don’t want to use external memory to flash the Kernel or the rootfs, but rather use Ethernet or USB-OTG.

Is there a way to achieve that in an automated way so that it can be done in a manufacturing process?

Thanks

Hi @pkahlert

There is a possibility with Easy Installer to do unattended flashing over Ethernet. It’s a kind of workaround but it works well. You can find some information here:

Select the Tab “Detailed Manual” and search for “Unattended flashing over Ethernet”. You would only need Power + Ethernet for this case.

I hope this helps, regards
Stefan

Hello Stefan,

thank you for the quick reply. I had a brief look at that and I only see one problem:
Is it possible to use this method without flashing the configuration? Or do you refer to Custom Image Server without Local Media?

Thanks

Hi @pkahlert

Sorry, yes this two sections are somehow coupled. The workaround is described in “Custom Image Server without Local Media”. If you do it this way you won’t have to configure anything and you won’t need to flash any configuration files.

Regards,
Stefan