I have checked the datasheet and the schematics. The HDMI bridge should work with the Colibri iMX6ULL. I do not see issues from the HW side. However, I did not check the software part. I do not know what the effort is to set up all the registers in the bridge over I2C. Here some additional remarks:
- The Colibri iMX6ULL has a limited 1366x768@ 60Hz output. This means, the maximum HDMI resolution would be 720p60 (HD Ready), 1080p60 (Full HD) is not possible.
- In order to be compatible with other Colibri modules, I recommend using only the 18bit parallel interface (like in the example schematics). If you do not require to be compatible, the 24bit would give you more color depth.
- In order to be compatible with other Colibri modules, I recommend using the standard I2C interface (pin 194/196) for both, the bridge and the DDC. Please be very careful with the I2C addresses. Make sure there is no address conflict with the standard VESA addresses for the DDC (see also DSI to HDMI Bridge).
- If you need HDMI audio, use one of the available I2S interfaces of the Colibri iMX6ULL. Since the I2S interface is not part of the Colibri standard, it will lead to an incompatible carrier board with other Colibri modules.
- The Colibri iMX6, T20, as well as the T30 feature an HDMI output on an FFC connector. Check whether these modules could be an alternate solution to the iMX6ULL with an external HDMI bridge.