Is it possible to request a Toradex Artifactory .tar.gz file which has been removed?

I am attempting to add the utility macchanger into an image based on TorizonCore 5.7.0 (built using Yocto Dunfell). Unfortunately due to IT restrictions, I have to build this image with BB_NO_NETWORK and a local repository of packages. I have tried manually cloning from github and creating a tar archive, but I haven’t been able to get it to compile (I also had to change checksums in the recipe which made me nervous/doubtful).

The fetch step for the recipe is attempting to download https://artifacts.toradex.com/artifactory/tdxref-torizoncore-sources-frankfurt/5/macchanger-1.7.0.tar.gz which is no longer available. Is there any way to request a package like this? Thanks.

Greetings @spencerarrasmith,

I believe that artifacts repository is for the most part automatically managed. In which case I’m not sure if there is a way to retrieve an artifact that is no longer published there. Though let me check with our team on how exactly this works.

For reference, did this artifact you are trying to download disappear recently?

Best Regards,
Jeremias

I am not sure when it disappeared, but it’s the URI being requested by the recipe here: meta-openembedded/macchanger_1.7.0.bb at master · openembedded/meta-openembedded · GitHub

If there is a different recipe or version I should use instead, I would be happy to change it. Thanks.

I am attempting to add the utility macchanger into an image based on TorizonCore 5.7.0

Wait, actually for clarification, is this macchanger package something that was in our default TorizonCore recipe image? Or is it something you are adding yourself in this custom image?

Best Regards,
Jeremias

I am adding it (IMAGE_INSTALL_append) with a recipe that’s in the meta-openembedded layer.

I was able to find a package which matches the checksums exactly. I believe my issue when manually downloading the repo was that I had included the master branch as well. Having to manually do these steps has been very error-prone, unfortunately. I would still like to know if there’s a general solution for finding packages, but this specific package is no longer a concern.

Index of /repo/pkgs/macchanger/macchanger-1.7.0.tar.gz/ca56f16142914337391dac91603eb332 (fedoraproject.org)

To be clear “Index of tdxref-torizoncore-sources-frankfurt/5”, is a mirror where we store artifacts for the default packages that go into our Yocto builds. It sounds like you added macchanger yourself in this custom build. Therefore it wouldn’t exist in our mirror since it’s not a package that is present in our default builds. Also it wouldn’t make sense for us to store an artifact for macchanger when we don’t use it in our builds.

I would still like to know if there’s a general solution for finding packages, but this specific package is no longer a concern.

Well considering your network restrictions you either need to provide an alternative mirror to the package source, or have the package source locally. You might be able to find pre-packaged mirrors like you did for macchanger but this is not guaranteed for every package out there.

Best Regards,
Jeremias