Is is posible to capture some portion of a DVB-SPI (PCLK, Valid, Sync and Data[7:0]) Transport Stream (less than 23Mbps) using the Parallel Camera Interface?

I would like to capture some portion of a DVB-SPI (PCLK, Valid, Sync and Data[7:0]) Transport Stream (less than 23Mbps) using the Parallel Camera Interface for post analysis of Program Service Information, PID usage, etc.

Greetings @DSG!

Can you please share more details about what you want to do?

Based on what you told, yes, I think it is possible for you to connect your DVB-SPI signals to the Parallel Camera Interface. The pins are all or mostly there:

Did you already try connecting your stream source to the interface?

Once you connect your source, you should be able to use tools like ffmpeg and gstreamer to capture and process the stream. The Parallel Camera Interface enumerates a regular /dev/video device on Linux.

I also found some tools to analyze DVB streams such as dvbsnoop. Is this what you mean to use?

Hi Gustavo, thanks for you return.

Can you please share more details about what you want to do?
The idea is to capture some Transport Stream Packets (188 Bytes length) from a DVB-S2 demodulator, store it in a file then perform post SI/PSI analysis, PID structure, etc.

Did you already try connecting your stream source to the interface?
Not yet. Actually I am trying to choose/define a SoM board to our application, which includes TS analysis.
I was wondering if someone has tried it using the parallel camera interface.
I intend to get Colibri platform and try this idea, then share the result here.

Thank you very much for your contribution.

@DSG,

Got it! I never tried connecting such a device to the Parallel Camera Interface, but I’m confident that this interface should work for this purpose since the source will be a video stream nonetheless.

Please keep us up-to-date on this. I’m curious about the results.