I have an iMX7 and Iris board. I have attached a display with a 40-pin connector, and have verified that this display works properly with a separate driver board.
- Without the display, the Iris board starts up when powered.
- With the display connected, the Iris LED flashes momentarily when powered up, and there’s a click, then the board is turned off.
I am suspecting maybe my display’s backlight is trying to draw too much current, given that it is a high brightness (800 Cd/m^2) display? But I cannot find specs on the Iris maximum current supply. Here are the specs for the display:
- Forward voltage (V): min=17.8, typ=18.2, max=18.6
- Forward current (mA): min=30, typ=40, max=50
- Power consumption (W): typ=0.8
Is the problem possibly that the display draws too much current?