Intermittent Network Freezes on eth0 Interface - Seeking Assistance

Hello Toradex community,

I’ve been experiencing a recurring issue with my eth0 interface, where it intermittently freezes, leading to domain resolution problems. To temporarily resolve the issue, I’ve been using the dhclient eth0 command. However, I’m seeking a more permanent solution and would greatly appreciate your insights.

I’ve already taken a few troubleshooting steps, including checking connectivity, reviewing system logs. Despite these efforts, the problem persists.

The only thing I changed to make this interface obtain an IP address dynamically is as follows:

/etc/systemd/network/wired.network
[Match]
Name=eth0

[Network]
DHCP=ipv4

If anyone has encountered a similar issue or has suggestions for further diagnostics or solutions, your assistance would be invaluable. and any guidance or input you can provide would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time and support.

Board informations:
Toradex Verdin IMX8MP Q 4GBIT V1.1A

Best regards,

Hello @Samir1 ,

Can you share with us such system logs?

Do you have any Wireshark capture log where we can see such domain name resolution problems?

Can you share the output of tdx-info?

Best regards,
Josep

Hello,
Thanks for your answer!
My journalctl doesn’t show much, but I noticed that the dhclient service is inactive, Could this be the origin of the issue?.
Here’s the output of the tdx-info command

Software summary
------------------------------------------------------------
Bootloader:               U-Boot
Kernel version:           5.4.193-5.7.2+git.b60d3160fd04 #1-TorizonCore SMP PREEMPT Fri Dec 23 15:47:24 UTC 2022
Kernel command line:      root=LABEL=otaroot rootfstype=ext4 quiet logo.nologo vt.global_cursor_default=0 plymouth.ignore-serial-consoles splash fbcon=map:3 ostree=/ostree/boot.1/torizon/edcbfed3fa498b93adcac178048585a9a3b17540a1813d6e6d754186af9e0935/0
Distro name:              NAME="TorizonCore"
Distro version:           VERSION_ID=5.7.2-build.20
Distro variant:           VARIANT="Docker"
Hostname:                 MymachineName

Hardware info
HW model:                 Toradex Verdin iMX8M Plus on Yavia Board
Toradex version:          0063 V1.1A
Serial number:            15111295
Processor arch:           aarch64

Thanks!

Hello @Samir1

Yes, that could be the cause, if the eth0 interface doesn’t have a static IP address.

Best regards,
Josep