Installation on TorizonCore builder tool

Hi,
I am trying to install TorizonCore builder tool in my ubuntu 20.04.6. Prior to installing the builder tool, I have followed the steps mentioned to install Docker Engine and it runs on non root user. on running “source tcb-env-setup.sh” I get the following error,
md5sum: tcb-env-setup.sh.tmp: No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove ‘tcb-env-setup.sh.tmp’: No such file or directory

TorizonCore Builder is not installed. Pulling the latest version from Docker Hub…
Setting up TorizonCore Builder with version 0.

Pulling TorizonCore Builder…
Error response from daemon: manifest for torizon/torizoncore-builder:0 not found: manifest unknown: manifest unknown
Error: could not pull TorizonCore Builder from Docker Hub!

Am I missing anything here. Kindly help me with the issue

Hi, I’m the Toradex AI Assistant. I’m in early beta, and I would appreciate your feedback.
The Toradex Support team will follow up with you shortly!

Did you like my answer?

:+1: :-1:

Hello,

The error you’re encountering suggests that there’s an issue with the version of TorizonCore Builder being specified, leading to an attempt to pull a non-existent version (0) from Docker Hub. This typically happens due to a script error or misconfiguration.

Here’s a step-by-step approach to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

1. Ensure Docker is Running: First, verify that Docker is running correctly on your system. You can do this by running docker run hello-world in your terminal. This command should execute without any errors, indicating that Docker is correctly set up and running.

2. Check Script Permissions: Ensure that the tcb-env-setup.sh script has the correct permissions. You can make it executable by running chmod +x tcb-env-setup.sh.

3. Re-download the Script: It’s possible the script was not correctly downloaded. Try re-downloading it using the command:

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/toradex/tcb-env-setup/master/tcb-env-setup.sh -O tcb-env-setup.sh

This ensures you have the latest version of the script.

4. Run the Script Without Caching: Sometimes, a corrupted download or a network issue might cause the script to behave unexpectedly. You can try running the script with a fresh download without saving it to disk:

source <(wget -qO- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/toradex/tcb-env-setup/master/tcb-env-setup.sh)

5. Manually Specify the Version: If the script attempts to pull an incorrect version, you can manually specify the version of TorizonCore Builder you wish to use. First, check the available versions on Docker Hub or the Toradex documentation to find the latest stable version. Then, you can manually pull the Docker image using:

docker pull torizon/torizoncore-builder:<version>

Replace <version> with the actual version number you wish to use.

6. Check Docker Hub Availability: Ensure that Docker Hub is accessible from your network and that there are no issues with Docker Hub itself at the time of your attempt.

7. Environment Variables: Ensure no environment variables are incorrectly overriding the TorizonCore Builder version. Check your environment for any variables that might affect Docker or the script’s operation.

If after following these steps you continue to face issues, it might be helpful to manually set up the TorizonCore Builder environment based on

Please, also check if these links can help you solve your problem:

Device Tree Overlays on Torizon | Toradex Developer Center.

Greetings @rudo,

That’s odd. Looking at the setup script you can see it gets this information using curl. But, in your case it appears it’s not getting the information for some reason.

Maybe you don’t have curl installed somehow? Or you have different version of curl that behaves differently? Or maybe a network issue?

Let’s try a test. On your Ubuntu machine can you manually try running:

curl -L -o tcb-env-setup.sh.tmp "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/toradex/tcb-env-setup/master/tcb-env-setup.sh"

What happens when you execute this? Does tcb-env-setup.sh.tmp get downloaded to your machine?

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Hi,
Thanks for the input, looks like the issue was due to missing https proxy. After setting it accordingly, the script is working fine.

Glad you were able to get it resolved!