Install conan on IMX8X

Dear Sir or Madam,

I have a Colibri iMX8X and I need to install conan on my device (Install — conan 1.54.0 documentation) in order to use libraries from a speech recognition and text-to-speech.

So far I haven’t had any luck with the installation. Conan is actually really easy to install on a Linux using python. Could you please give me some guidance with this matter. Can I install conan on my Colibri.

uname -a: Linux colibri-imx8x 4.14.170-3.0.4+gbaa6c24240a4 #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Apr 21 03:51:34 UTC 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux

Thank you.

Dear @cae30989, thanks for posting on community!

Before going further, can we ask for more information about your project?

Best regards,

Dear @gclaudino.tx,

Thank you for your answer.

• Yes, I haven’t updated the image since I installed it in 2020. I wrote down that it is the Linux console image 3.0.b3

• I’m using the Viola Plus Carrier Board

• I tried using the opkg, but it said that there no packages under this name to be found

I have a new Colibri iMX8DX 1GB here, where I could install a new Linux image if necessary. Thank you for your help.

Best regards.

Hi @cae30989 !

Thanks for the answer.

I will need to check if we have Conan on the feeds for BSP 3.0.b3

But, also, I would like to ask why you would like to install Conan on a module. Could please share the motivation behind this requirement?

Conan is a C/C++ package/dependency manager that is helpful during development, but I would not recommend to install it on the module.

If you are not using TorizonCore, you should add all the dependencies’ recipes to your Yocto build.

By the way I could not find a Conan recipe in OpenEmbedded Layer Index - python3-conan.

Best regards,

1 Like

Hi @henrique.tx,

thank you for your answer.

I intent to use a tool which requires conan to install all the libraries required and its menat to compile my proyect on my target device.

Kind regards.

Hi @cae30989 !

Using the embedded system as a development machine is not recommended.

The recommended workflow is to build an SDK and use it on your computer to build the application.

Best regards,

Hi @cae30989 !

Do you have an update regarding this thread?

If this is already solved, please mark the related message as the solution.

Best regards,

Hi @henrique.tx,

thank you, yes. I solved this by using a docker container on my host machine and it works just fine. This thread can be closed.

Kind regards.