Increased size of TorizonOS prebuilt images

In the page with TorizonOS links I see the different kind of images (as usual).

I notice that the size of the latest Quarterly Verdin iMX8M Plus 6.5.0+build.8 is 211.15 MB, and the size of the latest Monthly Verdin iMX8M Plus 6.6.0-devel-202402+build.21 is 204.23 MB.
This is ok from my perspective, a little difference can be easily explained.

But in the flavour “with evaluation containers” I see a big difference:

Can someone explain this difference, please?
Thanks

Greetings @vix,

We’re experimenting with a completely new set of evaluation containers since the 6.5.0 quarterly was released. The quarterly was still using the usual Portainer set of containers, while the last monthly is using these new experimental containers.

These new containers are a different size being a bit bigger as you have noticed. That said these are just the first iteration and are still experimental as I said. Things may change and are not final, at least until the next quarterly is released.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

1 Like

Thanks.
I’m going to have a look to the Nightly as soon as I can reserve a time slot.
Do you mean that the containers are new (i.e., some new container added to portainer + kiosk + weston) or that the releases of the same containers are new?

Do you mean that the containers are new (i.e., some new container added to portainer + kiosk + weston) or that the releases of the same containers are new?

I mean the set of containers shipped with the image is almost completely different now. It’s still a graphical application so Weston is still involved. But now we’re showing something other than Portainer so that part is vastly different.

Best Regards,
Jeremias