Incomplete Angstrom SDK installation (qt5 components missing)

Hello,
I have a Linux host system (Ubuntu 18.04 in VirtualBox) with installed Qt Creator (5.12). After installing Angstrom SDK (angstrom-glibc-x86_64-armv7at2hf-neon-v2017.12-toolchain.sh) the start of the Qt Creator comes up with an error message:

Cannot update Qt version information: /home/matthias/qt_sdk/oecore_apalisimx6/sysroots/x86_64-angstromsdk-linux/usr/bin/qt5/qmake cannot be run.

When I have a look to the Angstrom SDK all qt5 components are missing. Installing the same packages on a real Linux machine (Ubuntu 16.04) works well.

Are there any known issues regarding Ubuntu 18.04 or in conjunction with a virtual machine?

hi @gum1lr

Welcome to the Toradex Community!

After installing Angstrom SDK (angstrom-glibc-x86_64-armv7at2hf-neon-v2017.12-toolchain.sh) the start of the Qt Creator comes up with an error message:

Have you seen any error during the installation of the SDK? Where did you get the SDK?

Are there any known issues regarding Ubuntu 18.04 or in conjunction with a virtual machine?

We are not aware of any issues of QT SDK combined with native/virtual Ubuntu 18.04.

Best regards, Jaski

I also don’t believe it is a VirtualBox Issue.
Are you running 32-bit or 64-bit Version of Ubuntu in the VirtualBox? For Qt, you will need a special SDK, which can be created doing OpenEmbedded Build.

Ubuntu 16.04 inside VirtualBox: the installation problem is the same as described, maybe the VirtualBox seems to be the root of al evil (although I do not belive it).
Here is the output of the installer:

gum1lr@RNGX1232:~/Desktop$ sudo ./angstrom-glibc-x86_64-armv7at2hf-neon-v2017.12-toolchain.sh 
[sudo] password for gum1lr: 
Angstrom SDK installer version nodistro.0
=========================================
Enter target directory for SDK (default: /usr/local/oecore-x86_64): /home/gum1lr/qt_sdk/oecore_apalisimx6
You are about to install the SDK to "/home/gum1lr/qt_sdk/oecore_apalisimx6". Proceed[Y/n]? y
Extracting SDK..........................................................................................................................done
Setting it up...done
SDK has been successfully set up and is ready to be used.
Each time you wish to use the SDK in a new shell session, you need to source the environment setup script e.g.
 $ . /home/gum1lr/qt_sdk/oecore_apalisimx6/environment-setup-armv7at2hf-neon-angstrom-linux-gnueabi

Ubuntu is running as 64-bit version. I had a look to the said SDK. OpenEmbedded is a build framework which creates kernel images, root filesystem images and installable packages from source code. It is based on the Angstrom SDK, too. I assume it will not help to install it.

Thanks for the Info. The Angstrom SDK that you got from the getting started Article is not containing QT components since it is made for regular angstrom images without QT. So for Qt, you need to build this special SDK yourself and then install it.