iMX8QP 2GB WB V1.1B USB 3.0 enumeration

Trying to get our new SOM up and running with our USB Cam. Our previous SOM, an Apalis TK1, was able to see the camera enumerate as a USB 3.0 Super Speed device using BSP 5.X

When we switched our build over for the IMX8, the camera now enumerates as a USB 2.0 High Speed device only. The impact of this is that the camera can only stream raw video at 8 fps for the resolution we require instead of the previously achieved 30fps at the same resolution using the TK1.

We are using BSP 5.x, tdx-xwayland build and flashing the tdx-reference-minimal-image image.

dmesg is attached here: dmesg.txt

Could you please specify - are you building your own image?
If so could you please try a pre-build Toradex image(s)
If you are using pre-build image - what is its exact name?

Which carrier board you are using and which USB port the camera was plugged into? Have you tried another USB port?

Could you please provide output for lsusb -v and lsusb -t commands?

Thank you for the update!

“If so could you please try a pre-build Toradex image(s)…”

Great point out. I loaded the reference multimedia image on our custom board, and same result: no USB 3.0

So I went back and put the SOM on the Apalis Eval board, and USB 3.0 popped right up on problems.

So, in looking at the iMX8 datasheet, our board had pins 62, 64, 68, and 70 wired for SS for the old TK1 SOM, and of course on our new iMX8 SOM with wireless, those are disconnected. So, solution is to change our board config to make sure the H4 pins are connected (which they aren’t on our board right now).

Mystery solved! Thanks!

grh

“If so could you please try a pre-build Toradex image(s)…”

Great point out. I loaded the reference multimedia image on our custom board, and same result: no USB 3.0

So I went back and put the SOM on the Apalis Eval board, and USB 3.0 popped right up on problems.

So, in looking at the iMX8 datasheet, our board had pins 62, 64, 68, and 70 wired for SS for the old TK1 SOM, and of course on our new iMX8 SOM with wireless, those are disconnected. So, solution is to change our board config to make sure the H4 pins are connected (which they aren’t on our board right now).

Mystery solved! Thanks!

grh