Imx8mm-gpt driver under Torizon

Hi all,

I would like to access the imx8mm-gpt driver from user space in Torizon. I can see that the device looks to be configured correctly in our device tree:

&aips1 {
	gpt1: gpt@302d0000 {
		compatible = "fsl,imx8mm-gpt", "fsl,imx7d-gpt", "fsl,imx6sx-gpt";
		reg = <0x0 0x302d0000 0x0 0x10000>;
		interrupts = <GIC_SPI 55 IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_HIGH>;
		clocks = <&clk IMX8MM_CLK_GPT1_ROOT>,
			 <&clk IMX8MM_CLK_GPT1_ROOT>,
			 <&clk IMX8MM_CLK_GPT_3M>;
		clock-names = "ipg", "per", "osc_per";
		pinctrl-name = "default";
		pinctrl-0 = <&pinctrl_gpio_keys>;
		status = "okay";
	};
};
pinctrl_gpio_keys: gpiokeysgrp {
		fsl,pins = <
			MX8MM_IOMUXC_SAI3_RXFS_GPT1_CAPTURE1		0x1b0b0	/* SODIMM 252 */
		>;
	};

However, I can’t locate the interface to the driver in userspace. Does anyone know if it is available? Or if it can be made available? Ideally I don’t want to have to do all the work for the Cortex M4 just to measure a single channel of pulse widths.

I also have a ticket on the NXP forum here:

Thanks very much

Ed

Actually just found Gaurav’s similar question here:

Looks like maybe we need an answer from NXP.

@jeremias.tx do you have a contact at NXP who you could follow up with?

Greetings @edwaugh,

It seems you have started to get some kind of response from NXP about this feature. They’re probably the best source of info on this. But please do let us know if there’s anything we can additionally provide from the Toradex side. If you manage to GPT functionality working, we’d also appreciate if you could document the process and steps for future reference sake.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Hi @jeremias.tx, no answer from NXP to my ticket yet. Do you have better access to them? Can you prompt one of their support team? @walter.tx for info.

Hi @edwaugh,

We are discussing this matter internally, in order to see the best way to assist you in this GPT driver, and we’ll come back as soon as we have any updates.

Best regards,
André Curvello