Imx6ull uboot change display settings

Hi,

I have successfully changed the splash logo and built the uboot for my module.

How do i change the screen settings used in uboot ?

I took a look in /toradex/u-boot-toradex/arch/arm/dts and looked at imx6ull.dtsi but no settings
I saw that imx6ull-14x14evk.dts has video settings but changing these and rebuilding the image made no difference.

I expect i need to change this in uboot and not the kernel ?

HI @adrian

Thanks for writing to the Toradex Support.

Could you provide the version of the hardware (including carrier board) and software of your module?

Regarding device-tree files please have a look here.

Best regards,
Jaski

I am using the Colibri iMX6ULL with the Viola carrier board.

I have the display operating BUT i need to change the display-timings in the device tree.

What i do not know is

A. Can you set the display settings for the uboot and if so in which file
B. I use bitbake to build the console-tdx-image BUT this seems to have no effect to changes i made in the imx6dl-colibri-eval-v3.dts file

(Please note that I am pretty new to all this building of images)

HI @adrian

Regarding the display-timings please have a look here.

A. Can you set the display settings for the uboot and if so in which file

Starting for Bsp 3.0, there is display support in U-Boot, thus device-tree settings will not change anything.

B. I use bitbake to build the console-tdx-image BUT this seems to have no effect to changes i made in the imx6dl-colibri-eval-v3.dts file

Regarding OE-Build, you need to create patch a include in a recipe file. Please read the Documentation here. Before doing that, I would recommend you to make the changes outside Oe-Build and compile the device-tree as explained here.

Best regards,
Jaski