Firstly, please verify if your bblayers.conf has been updated with the version from within meta-toradex-distro (in buildconf/bblayers.conf). Ensure that the meta-tpm layer is included in your bblayers.conf; if it’s missing, simply copy it from meta-toradex-disto to your build/conf folder.
If the issue persists after the initial step, consider performing a fresh build. I recommend relocating your sstate cache folder outside the build directory and adjusting your local.conf accordingly. By doing this, you can delete your current build folder and rerun bitbake, utilizing your cached data. The issue likely arose due to the incorporation of TPM libraries into our BSP layers (found in the new meta-security layer for TPM support), and it’s probable that your bblayers.conf hasn’t been updated with the latest version.
From what I can see, libtss2-tcti-device (and other TPM-related stuff) is provided by the meta-tpm , which lives inside meta-security.
Currently, on kirskstone-6.x.y manifest, the TPM setup is done for machines of the Verdin family: currently verdin-imx8mp, verdin-imx8mm, and verdin-am62 [2, 3, 4].
So, currently, Colibri iMX6ULL is not contemplated.
You can see from e.g. verdin-imx8mp.conf that MACHINE_FEATURES contains tpm2 . This is used by tdx-reference-multimedia-image.bb  to include the packagegroup-tpm2-tdx-cli, which is defined in packagegroup-tdx-cli.bb .
You can try to do the same for Colibri iMX6ULL: enable the tpm2 in your MACHINE, perform the necessary changes in your device tree [overlay], and enable the kernel configs related to your TPM.
I have the same issue but with verdin-imx8mp. I created a custom image and distro and somehow it always asks for this tpm stuff. Even adding it to my image doesn’t help only deleting it out of packagegroup-tpm2-tdx-cli helps for me.
I just wanted to let you know, didn’t have time yet to debug this to the bottom. But it feels something is wrong on quarterly 6.5.0. If you have some debugging time on hand or know what’s wrong I’d really appreciate some help with this as it seems not limited to ULL
The problem arises when building another image than toradex reference ones. And the problem was related to packagegroup-tdx-cli which I included in my image. My solution is to just pick the packages one by one without the whole group and now it works.
Somehow it is related that packagegroup-tpm2-tdx-cli is in PACKAGES variable but not in RDEPENDS and the refence images then include packagegroup-tpm2-tdx-cli separately with packagegroup-tdx-cli also included. I believe this has to do as OE complains that there is no RPROVIDES (from the respective packages in meta-security). if it is being put into RDEPENDS.
Even if I tried the same on my image this didn’t work. I still do not 100% understand how it works for the reference images, and at that point that I found a solution for myself I cannot spend more time on this.
All this feels to me that it builds for Toradex reference images with a workaround (that I don’t understand), and since I’m not the only customer stumbling upon this behavior it would be nice to fix it so one doesn’t get trapped.