iMX6Q IT V1.1D Changed Gigabit Ethernet Transceiver

According to PCN for iMX6Q IT v1.1D, Gigabit Ethernet Transceiver is changed and it need the patch for use on earlier version. Please let me know where I can download the official patch for iMX6Q IT V1.1B?

Hi @K.Tomo,

Thanks for reaching out.

Please check here: linux-toradex.git - Linux kernel for Apalis, Colibri and Verdin modules

Unfortunately, there is no single patch. If you were using BSP 2.8.7, these are all the needed patches:

You might need more depending on how old your kernel is.

Other option is to upgrade to the latest kernel of the toradex_4.9-2.3.x-imx.

Kindly let us know if you need more information.

Kind regards,
Alvaro.

Hi Alvaro,

Thank you for your quick reply.
I will check and try to use those patches.

Best regards,
K.tomo

Hi Alvaro,

Now we trying to inject thease patches to old BSP.
I don’t know the detail of suporting Ether chip.
Could you let me know each patch’s purpose for supporting V1.1D Gigabit ethernet Transcevier?

Best regards,
K.Tomo

Hi @K.Tomo,

You can check the purpose under the log message of each patch. For example:

Unfortunately, there is no more details than that.

What is the current BSP you are using? We greatly recommend moving using the latest kernel from toradex_4.9-2.3.x-imx.

Feel free to let us know if you are having issues implementing this.

Kind regards,
Alvaro.

Dear Alvaro,

Our BSP is BSP 2.7, not BSP2.8.
Can we use these patch that you informed for BSP2.7 ?

Best regards,
K.tomo

Dear @K.Tomo,

I see… I’m afraid that we don’t know what patches are needed for BSP 2.7 since its support is long gone (+3 years ago). You may use this as you want but we don’t encourage this.

The only realistic approach is to really move to a new LTS release: BSP 2.8.7, 3.0.4 or 5.7.0.

Kind regards,
Alvaro.

Dear Alvaro,

I see…
I didn’t know the revision of Tradex Apalis i.MX6 board is updated and Ether PHY is changed.
If the board configuration is changed, is there any method I can receive the change notice from Tradex automatically?

Best regards,
K.Tomo

Dear @K.Tomo , I very much apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Yes, we have a notification service for both HW and SW changes: Product Change Notifications - Toradex Modules

We greatly recommend your development team to follow the corresponding updates.

Additionally, feel free to reach us directly through the community or my direct email (your team should have my email) in either Japanese or English for any further question or issue. We will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Alvaro.