Imx6 apalis & ixora carrier board & can't reach uboot menu from serial port

Hello,

When I boot my board, while I am reading the kernel boot process via minicom, I can not access bootloader menu with pressing [SPACE], also there is no any prompting message “Press [SPACE] to enter Bootloader Menu”

How can I achieve that.

alt text

only shows this screen, cant access uboot menu.

Hi @xmastree

Could you provide the version of the hardware and software for your module? Unfortunately this picture does not help a lot. Could you provide a complete boot log? Try to restart the module, once you are in Linux (command reboot)?

Of course, I captured new secreen on host machine, I am still connected with uart and this is the output alt text

this is it, it only shows the boot process, and there is no any info about “press [SPACE] to enter Bootloader Menu” which is shown in this video Using the Serial Console with Toradex Computer Modules - YouTube

SoC: imx6 apalis & Board: ixora carrier board & OS: Default linux on the SoC which is downloaded from internet

Also I prepared an sd card but I did not tried it yet, I guess there will be lots of qeustions again, anyway.

I hope those are met your question

Thanks.

Could you please capture minicom output to text file starting from board power on state?
Screen shot you posted looks like HDMI output.

link text

Does this what you want ?
previous pictures was captured from boot process via serial port

No, this is not a complete boot log. Please provide the complete boot log off the entire boot sequence. Please also indicate the exact hardware and software versions of things you are exactly talking about. Thanks!

What do you mean complete boot log. I am capturing this text from starting of boot to the end of boot that’s all, what kind of any boot log can I support, I just did not understand ?

Here is again sending new capture link text

My SoC is Toradex Apalis iMX6 Quad 2GB IT V1.1C and my board is Ixora Carrier Board v1.1A

I just want to follow Flashing Embedded Linux to iMX6 Modules this article, but stuck in it, becaue I can not access uboot menu from starting of boot via minicom so that can not boot from sd card

thanks!

What do you mean complete boot log. I am capturing this text from starting of boot to the end of boot that’s all, what kind of any boot log can I support, I just did not understand ?

Sorry about that, but what you provided is just still no complete boot log probably due to some sort of misconfiguration or something. Did you configure minicom as per the following?

Here is again sending new capture link text

It really looks like half of the output is missing. Or do you have anything else eating away lines from your serial connection?

Alternatively, may I suggest you have a look at our new Toradex Easy Installer which should much simplify the whole module flashing.

My SoC is Toradex Apalis iMX6 Quad 2GB IT V1.1C and my board is Ixora Carrier Board v1.1A

I just want to follow Flashing Embedded Linux to iMX6 Modules this article, but stuck in it, becaue I can not access uboot menu from starting of boot via minicom so that can not boot from sd card

But once it is booted you can enter text via minicom or not?

thanks!

You are very welcome.

Hello

I have configured my minicom settings just like you supported me, and something is changed, now there is new problem. When the board is booting I press a key and it just stops the booting, but that’s it, only stops and nothing is coming out…

And here is new output according to new settings link text

Once it is booting, I cannot enter anything, no any text, also with new configurations again I cannot not enter any text, but now if I press a key starting of boot process, it stops, but only stops and nothing comes again.

OKEY PROBLEM İS SOLVED, I JUST USED SUPPORTED MINICOM SETTINGS AND NOW I AM ABLE TO LOG IN UBOOT MENU

THANKS

Hi @xmastree

I think i have a problem as yours !

‘’ I JUST USED SUPPORTED MINICOM SETTINGS" can you explain more please ?

Thanks

I just followed this link

and power of completely your board, then open minicom then power on your board, while your board is started booting, press or hold any key then it will automatically let you to uboot menu

@Najeh
Does the suggestion above helped to solve your issue?

thanks for the replay !

@jaski.tx

I still can’t enter the uboot menu neither the login.

I have the same essential problem! I have an imx6 apalis SoM in an Ixora carrier board. I tried to follow the same flashing instructions in the link above with no luck, as I could never get the uboot to appear at all via minicom. I did, however, manage to flash Linux LXDE on to the board via the Easy Installer and a flash drive.

But I still can’t interact with the uboot at all even after that! Nothing is displayed in minicom when I’m plugged into port X22 and my host machine tells me it has a usb connection, and I’ve set those exact specs posted for minicom… It’s like there is a jumper setting or some other detail missing here to enable access…

How exactly do you guys hook up the X22 UART to your PC? Using the IDC-to-9-pin-sub-D cable from our accessory kit? Are you using a regular serial connection on the PC side or going through an additional USB-to-serial adapter? Maybe here you may actually post a picture of how you did hook up that thing…

Yes, I am using the IDC to 9 pin sub D from the accessory kit. I am then plugging that into a usb adapter. I had wondered if that adapter could be to blame? It is an FTDI-FT232RL.

Here’s exactly what I purchased for this:

Here’s a pic, but I don’t think there’s anything much to see there. I’m 99% sure they are plugged in correctly. But, could there be a driver issue, etc. ? I using Ubuntu 16, which comes with FTDI drivers. I also tried Windows 10 with Tera Term. Neither worked, despite indicating a serial connection.

Could you post a picture of the connection on Ixora Board and showing which is the Pin 1 on your connector? Thanks