I2c problems on different BSP image version

I see different behavior about using /dev/i2c0 with my C++ application with different BSP version:

• Toradex Embedded Linux Reference Multimedia Image (UPSTREAM) 6.2.0+build.6: it work fine
  • Toradex Embedded Linux Reference Minimal Image (UPSTREAM) 6.2.0+build.6: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
  • Toradex Embedded Linux Reference Minimal Image 5.7.2+build.21: it freeze the Colibri and I must power off-on it

Is it an expected behavoir ?

Hello @Massimo,

May I ask you how you are building your application?
Could you please specify which toolchain you are using?
Did you build the toolchain using Yocto?

Hello Rudhi,
I used the SDK Toradex\SDK\angstrom-glibc-x86_64-armv7at2hf-neon-v2017.12-toolchain.sh that I found in this link Quickstart Guide - Toradex.

Thanks

Hi @rudhi.tx ,

some news about this post ?

Best regards

Hello @Massimo ,
Our team is still working on it.

Best regards,
Josep

Hi @Massimo !

Sorry for this long delay.

This Quick Start guide that you are using is from the Archived Toradex Developer pages, which are outdated. And the toolchain is not maintained anymore since BSP version 2.8.

For your case (BSP 5 and newer), you should refer to the current Toradex Developer: BSP Layers and Reference Images for Yocto Project | Toradex Developer Center.

Toradex does not maintain ready-to-use toolchains, so you need to follow the documentation and build the toolchain for your OS.

Also, could you share more information about your setup?

• Which exact version of Colibri iMX6ULL are you using?
  • Is there a reason for your test on different versions of BSP?

Best regards,

HI @henrique.tx,

I’m using “Colibri iMX6ULL 512MB IT”.
There is no reason to use different BSP. But I need to switch for example from a “Multimedia Image” to a “Minimal Image” of operative system.

I suggest you to write on the web pages that the step by step guide that I followed, is obsolete. It is not immediately understandable the relation between BSP and Image.

Thanks
Best regards

Hi @Massimo !

The pages from the Archived Developer website (e.g. Quickstart Guide - Toradex) currently show the following banner at the top:

And by clicking on the banner, you are taken to the current Toradex Developer page (https://developer.toradex.com), where you can access the updated Toradex Developer articles.

Best regards,