I want to know how to check if the CPU is in use

Hi,Everyone.

I’m developing with qt6 now.
I was able to deploy and get it working, but the screen is moving pretty slowly. I think it can’t be helped because I’m using rich functions(=qt-charts), but I want to make sure that I can use the GPU.

Maybe,I’m running docker incorrently,so I write command of docker in below.

1,docker run -t -e ACCEPT_FSL_EULA=1 -d --rm --name=weston --net=host --cap-add CAP_SYS_TTY_CONFIG -v /dev:/dev -v /tmp:/tmp -v /run/udev/:/run/udev/ --device-cgroup-rule=‘c 4:* rmw’ --device-cgroup-rule=‘c 13:* rmw’ --device-cgroup-rule=‘c 199:* rmw’ --device-cgroup-rule=‘c 226:* rmw’ torizon/weston-vivante:$CT_TAG_WESTON_VIVANTE --developer

2,docker run -it -v ~/app/:/home/torizon/ -v /tmp:/tmp -v /dev/dri:/dev/dri -v /dev/galcore:/dev/galcore --device-cgroup-rule=‘c 199:* rmw’ --device-cgroup-rule=‘c 226:* rmw’ --name qt0627 192.168.101.125:5002/qt0627-debug:arm64 bash

Enter the second container and execute.

It doesn’t matter what.Please let me know if there is anything you understand

Regards,
Hiroki

Greetings @iino,

The standard way to see what the CPU is spending it’s resources on is via the top utility as seen here: https://www.howtogeek.com/668986/how-to-use-the-linux-top-command-and-understand-its-output/

Do you suspect the GPU isn’t being utilized here for your QT app?

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Hi Hiroki, @jeremias.tx

To add some information regarding these two points:

I’m developing with qt6 now.

If you’re using the qt6 packages from the Debian upstream, they’re not currently compatible with GPU acceleration for platforms using OpenGLES (which is the case for all of our boards).

We are actively working to ammend this and the packages will be avaiable from our feed shortly.

Regards,

Thanks for reply .@jeremias.tx

Yes,I do.Because soon the CPU usage exceeds 100%.

Regards,
Hiroki

Hello Leon,@leon.tx

If you’re using the qt6 packages from the Debian upstream, they’re not currently compatible with GPU acceleration for platforms using OpenGLES (which is the case for all of our boards).

I see.

We are actively working to ammend this and the packages will be avaiable from our feed shortly.

I’m looking forward to it. Good luck!

Regards,
Hiroki

Hi @iino , please note that this is working with our Yocto Reference Images, instead of Torizon. It will take a few weeks to work in Torizon, in case you need this urgently.

Kind regards,
Alvaro.

1 Like