I have PXA300 + Iris. May I use QT5 or more version to develop?

I have PXA300 + Iris. May I use QT5 or more version to develop ??

Toradex did not port yet QT > 4.8. If you want to try, you can use once QT 4.8.4. We have some documentation and files you can download ready on this developer website. It could also be you will get short on flash storage.

@Dim: If you use CE 6 you can use any CPU, the limitation probably is the memory on the PXA 300.

You actually could use up to QT 5.6, for later version WinCE support has been dropped by QT itself. How ever, we do not have any precombiled QT binaries ready for download. According to some reports building and running QT later than 4.8 worked.

@Dim: Yes, they should be compiled. Did you do the patching step as described here?

Unfortunately QT 4.8 is no higher then msvc2008. toradex_ce6_sdk only for msvc2008

@Dim: You are right, I missed that point. So the only option would be to go for WEC2013 if you want to use a later QT version. WEC2013 is not supported on PXA family and Colibri T20. Most the others do have WEC2013 support, check the “Supported OS” section on the Colibri Product overview (you need to scroll down to the column “Windows Embedded Compact 2013”).

@Dim,

Could you please upload example project on https://share.toradex.com/ and post a link here that would help to debug the issue here

if I use a different processor. for example imx6 or other. I can use qt5.

Yes, I did on the recommendation “Setting up Qt framework with VS2008 for WinCE with Toradex modules | Toradex Developer Center
and Run the Toradex SDK Name Updater but no example is compiled.
I try hellogl_es2… 3 errors 12 warning.
what is the problem???
Thank you.

qt 4.8 demos and example examples should be compiled???
PXA300 wince6
compiler write :Using OS scope before setting MAKEFILE_GENERATOR

https://share.toradex.com/sagxy2y5obvkfjy

@Dim,
We are able to build the project without doing any change. Please see output window below. Are you getting the same output results?

do not compile

++++++++++++++++++++++++

I solved the problem. it was necessary —> Change solution QT version.
another question. for which option? —> Conver project to QMake generated project.

OpenGL project don`t compile on Toradex_CE600 (ARMv4I) ?

Build started: Project: hellogl_es2, Configuration: Release Toradex_CE600 (ARMv4I) ------
1>c:\qt\4.8.4\include\qtopengl../…/src/opengl/qgl.h(88) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘GL/gl.h’: No such file or directory

@Dim,

Thank you for posting your finding and solution.
Are all your problems solved related to QT application build? Do you need any support from our side?

thank you very much for the help.
one question. OpenGL project don`t compile on Toradex_CE600 (ARMv4I) ?

Build started: Project: hellogl_es2, Configuration: Release Toradex_CE600 (ARMv4I) ------ 1>c:\qt\4.8.4\include\qtopengl…/…/src/opengl/qgl.h(88) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘GL/gl.h’: No such file or directory

@Dim,

PXA doesn’t support OpenGL. Please build your application without OpenGL and make sure all the header files path included properly.