I can not enter recovery mode using hardware method

Good morning,

I CAN NOT ENTER RECOVERY MODE USING HARDWARE METHOD.
mentioned here : iMX Recovery Mode | Toradex Developer Center
NOR ENTERRCM COMMAND METHOD since i can not see any output on the serial output monitor when turning on the board also can not find it as usb when typing lsusb in vmware.
I have tried different module on the same carrier ixora board it worked fine to enter recovery mode using short circuit tech.
I think the apalis tk1 module is failing to power on after i tried to install jetpack using easy installer from toradex over l4t which was already installed on the module. then it asked for rebooting I rebooted and get stuck into this problem.

I have tried a native PC with linux. and it was the same.

recovery-linux.sh is calling ./tegrarcm; which is "
This program is used to send code to a Tegra device in recovery mode.
It does not supported locked devices with an encrypted boot key, only
open devices such as the ventana, cardhu, or dalmore reference boards.
It is not capable of flashing firmware to a device, but can be used to
download firmware that is then capable of flashing. For example in
ChromeOS tegrarcm is used to download a special build of u-boot to the
target Tegra device with a payload that it then flashes to the boot
device. " as they mentioned here GitHub - NVIDIA/tegrarcm: Tegra ReCovery Mode tool; communicates with Tegra's boot ROM to download code over USB

however it seems that my apalis tk1 is locked and I need to unlock it to be able to flash on it.

my Q is, why did hardware recovery method work? I have tried to shorten J4 pin 2 and 3 it did not work. also I have tried to shorten recovery mode pads as mentioned in data sheet page 63 below https://docs.toradex.com/103129-apalis-tk1-datasheet.pdf but also it did not work.
please advice.

Regards,
Rama

HI @rama.aloufee and Welcome to the Toradex Community!

Could you provide the version of Hardware (including carrier board) and Software of your module?

however it seems that my apalis tk1 is locked and I need to unlock it to be able to flash on it.

Why do you think so?

I have tried different module on the same carrier ixora board it worked fine to enter recovery mode using short circuit tech. I think the apalis tk1 module is failing to power on after i tried to install jetpack using easy installer from toradex over l4t which was already installed on the module. then it asked for rebooting I rebooted and get stuck into this problem.

I don’t think installing L4T image will stop the module to go to recovery mode. I did this on my module lot of times and i can still go to recovery mode.

Did you remove the jumper JP2 and connected a cable between X9 of Ixora Board and your Host?

Bes regards,
Jaski

Did you remove the jumper JP2 and connected a cable between X9 of Ixora Board and your Host?

yes

Why do you think so?

i can not access my module and can not get into recovery mode

Could you provide the version of Hardware (including carrier board) and Software of your module?

Ixora Carrier Board , I have installed l4t on my module and it worked fine, when trying to flash jetpack on it using toradex easy installer, it asked for reboot and did not boot anymore since that time

HI

Do you have another sample of Apalis TK1? If yes, could you try to get this one on recovery mode.

Best regards,
Jaski

Do you have another sample of Apalis TK1? If yes, could you try to get this one on recovery mode.

No i don’t.
is there any other way to enter recovery mode ?

No, there is no other way.

Could you measure the voltages on the Testpoints shown in the attached Document?

Thanks and best regards,
Jaski

link text

please find the attached file

Hi @rama

It seems that your SoM is damaged. We apologize that you experience this with our Hardware.

Someone from Toradex will contact you by E-Mail to give you Instructions, how to proceed further.

Best regards,
Jaski

Someone from Toradex will contact you by E-Mail to give you Instructions, how to proceed further.
okay,
thanks