I am adding extra folders and files in the changes direcotory using extras/.tcattr file. But some don't work

I am using torizoncore-builder version 3.9.0. I’ve added and “extra” directory and a .tcattr file. This section in the .tcattr file works (the # is causing to bold certain lines):

file: var/sota/storage/docker-compose/

owner: 1000

group: 1000

user::rwx
group::—
other::—

file: var/sota/storage/docker-compose/docker-compose.yml

group: 2000

user::rw-
group::rw-
other::—

This does not:

file: home/torizon/my.ini

group: 2000

user::rw-
group::rw-
other::rw-

Even though I have a folder at the same level with the .tcattr and with the ini file in that directory (home/torizon/my.ini), the same as the one that works. Is there something I am doing wrong here?

Steve

Hey @Evets,

When working with the TorizonCore Builder tool it’s important to know that it uses OSTree under the hood.

And in our introduction for OSTree:
..In addition, some directories such as /var and /etc and handled as special cases, providing persistent configuration and user data to be preserved between updates.

and

``…/var: this directory is not touched by OSTree, and can be used to store logs, databases and any other data consumed or generated by applications.

So attempting to use the TorizonCore-builder tool (and subsequently OSTree) on directories that are specifically not touched by OSTree will give errors.

-Eric

I don’t get any errors. They just don’t show up.
In the explanation on the builder says you can add any folders using the “extra” directory with a .tcattr file. It doesn’t state you are limited to /var and /etc directories.

I know that isolate only looks at /etc changes. And my /var changes work fine, and aren’t there if I remove the /extra directory.

So, you are saying I can only put folders in that are under /var and /usr directories? Is there a way to get it to run a script file, to create and copy things?

I see there is a wrapup.sh file in the installer directory. Can I add things to that to copy files and mkdirs?

Steve

Hey @Evets,

OSTree and the rootfilesystem.

• /usr is updated
  • /var and /home are ignored, they keep their content over updates
  • /etc is updated via a 3-way merge

Here is information on the configuration files and image format properties and what they do, including the wrapup_script.

-Eric