How to use bluetooth in b2qt image

Hellow I am handling Colibri series and boot2qt.

I’m trying to connect Colibri and other device through bluetooth.

And I saw a guide about bluetooth in linux on Toradex Develope Center site(Basic Bluetooth usage).

But I met a error like below

root@b2qt-colibri-imx8x:~# connmanctl enable bluetooth
Error bluetooth: Method “SetProperty” with signature “sv” on interface “net.connman.Technology” doesn’t exist

It was same on Colibri iMX6ULL.

I was trying to connect bluetooth in other embedded image(Linux console). And I did conneting bluetooth like the guide.

Could you help me? How to use the Bluetooth in boot2qt.

Hi Lee, this usually means that the WB module is not detected by Linux. Could you try in other modules and see if you have the same issue? This would confirm that it is a HW issue.

Alvaro.

Hi alvaro, Did you ask that other Colibri Module is same issue?
yes, I have a few module Colibri iMX6ULL WB IT and Colibri iMX8QXP WB IT.
So I think what is not the HW issue.

Could you try connecting bluetooth at Colibri iMX8QXP WB IT in Boot2qt image?

I checked that Bluetooth is not operating at Colibri iMX8QXP WB IT in Boot2qt demo image.
Can you check that?

Hi @LeeSeongJin , I could reproduce a similar issue. We will check internally and get back to you.

Hi @alvaro.tx , Did you check this issue?
If you did bluetooth conneting on b2tqt liux, please let me know how to do.
I wait. Thank you

Hi @LeeSeongJin , yes, sorry for the delay. We have updated the Qt team and hopefully they will update their Boot2Qt image in their next version. Thank you for reporting this.

Unfortunately, for now, you have 2 options:

1. Using Toradex images that includes the needed drivers.
  2. Create your own Qt image with Yocto with meta-boot2qt and include the needed changes based on Toradex Yocto images changes.

Thank you @alvaro.tx . I am grate that this problem can be solved.

In these solutions mentioned by you , Do first solution mean that I have to install Torizon or Toradex Embedded Linux Reference Images for Yocto Project? If that’s right, I have to choice second solution beacause I checked that my qt application dont operate on Toradex images.
Could let me know how to create Boot2Qt image that can connect bluetooth, please? and When is updated Boot2Qt next version?

Hi Lee, the Toradex Multimedia reference image definitely works with Qt for quick evaluation (and to use for your own Yocto image). Maybe when you checked, you used the Minimal reference image that doesn’t include Qt?

More information: BSP Layers and Reference Images for Yocto Project Software | Toradex Developer Center

For the Boot2Qt next update, I’m afraid that is up to Qt’s team… Sorry. To create a new image with this changes, there is no exact documentation for that but you can check this as reference:

You should be able to extract the needed info to create your own image with the needed changes. Unfortunately, we don’t what exact changes are needed…