HOW TO SET HDMI FRAMERATE(IMX.8 Apalis)?

Hello All,
We have an Apalis iMX8 QM and Ixora carrier board.
I have a question About HDMI Display Driver!!
We want to display a FullHD 1920-1080-30 htz but currently it works as 1920-1080-60(Apalis-iMX8_Reference-Multimedia-Image)
I just wanna ask how to set frame rate(rootfs or kernel) ??
Is there the ability to set HDMI output refresh rat at the wayland??
Any suggestion??
Thank you very much.

Could anyone provide more details about my question,please???
It’s still not clear how to set refreshrate HDMI(KernelMode-UserMode)???

you can copy
1920x1080-30.bin (128 Bytes) to /lib/firmware/ if it is Linux BSP on Apalis iMX8 SoM. Then run fw_setenv tdxargs drm.edid_firmware=1920x1080-30.bin in Linux or setenv tdxargs drm.edid_firmware=1920x1080-30.bin; saveenv in U-Boot.
You can generate customized EDID binary by this project.

Hello @hhami,

Have you already tried to set-up your display with the custom EDID binary file? May I know if you could make any progress there?

Hello @hhami,

Hope you are doing well. Do you have any updates on this issue?

Hello @rudhi.tx
Thank you for your help!!
Can you guide me,how to find source of hdmirxfw.bin??
And I must replace link
.bin out instead hdmirxfw.bin ?? right??
Thank you in advance for your help
Best Regards,

Hello @hhami,

Can you guide me,how to find source of hdmirxfw.bin??

I’m not sure what you mean by hdmirxfw.bin. You need to create an EDID binary file for an HDMI display of resolution 1920-1080-30 htz.
If you take a look at the Readme of the edid-generator git repository, you will see that you need to first create a <mode>.s file and then make it to generate the binary.

You can write the <mode>.s file on your own. There is already a source file called 1920x1080.s provided. This will be a good starting point for you. You should be good to go by changing the clock frequency in it.

On a further note, I highly recommend you get in contact with your account manager from Toradex (they have already contacted you) to update your requirements regarding your project. This will also help us provide you with better and faster technical support.

Hello @hhami,

Hope you are doing well. May I know if you have any updates regarding this topic?

Hello @rudhi.tx
I coudlnt modifiy HDMI refresh rate!!
Can you guide me again!!
How to modify the the hdmi parameters for displaying the 1920x1080@30Hz refresh or for different refresh rates.
Thank you

Hi @hhami,

Hope you are doing well.
Did you already try out the steps suggested by @benjamin.tx above? He already provided you with the EDID binary file which you can directly copy to your root filesystem so you don’t have to build one on your own. Let me know how those tests go.