How to run VNC server on imx8?

Hello All
I am trying to run x11vnc on imx8mm based custom board using below command

x11vnc -display :0 -passwd admin

and the output is

passing arg to libvncserver: -passwd
x11vnc version: 0.9.16 lastmod: 2019-01-05  pid: 468
Wayland display server detected.
Wayland sessions are as of now only supported via -rawfb and the bundled deskshot utility. Exiting.

After that vnc is not starting so i added -rawfb x11vnc -display :0 -passwd admin -rawfb /dev/fb0

and it is started vnc server but getting black screen because in imx8mm not used fb0 it is using drm buffer. this command x11vnc -display :0 -passwd admin -rawfb /dev/fb0 working on imx6 devices. How i config x11vnc on my imx8 based device? also i am using weston display.

You are right traditional framebuffers (such as /dev/fb0) are not utilized in this context. Instead, Weston operates using DRM (Direct Rendering Manager) buffers. x11vnc was primarily tailored for X11, and as Wayland/Weston embodies a distinct graphics stack, direct interfacing with Wayland using tools like x11vnc can present challenges.

For alternative solutions, you might consider WayVNC. If that isn’t suitable, you can try the FreeRDP , an open-source RDP server and client, .

Please also check this presentation

Hi @alex.tx, Thanks for your replay. WayVNC seems to work only with wlroots-based compositor so it is not use in weston right ?

Hi @bhavanihimanshu,

Were you able to find solution for VNC? We do have instruction for our TorizonOS please check and let us know if you can use TorizonOS for your solution.

Best Regards
Ritesh Kumar