How to Install VoIP SIP Jitsi program (Java) on Yocto

Hello!
I have a Colibri device and must update Java on 8 and install the Jitsi program for VoIP SIP communications.

1. How to upgrade to Java 8?
  2. How to install manually or automatically, VoIP SIP (Java OSGi) client in Yoсto?
    The Jitsi told me that they had no development experience in Yokto.

Thanks.

Hi @Yedid

Could you provide the version of the Software of your module? Which carrier board are you using?

1. How to upgrade to Java 8?

You have to create a custom image with including your preferred version of Java.

1. How to install manually or automatically, VoIP SIP (Java OSGi) client in Yoсto?

You need to check if the client is available on OpenEmbedded. If it is available, then you can include this in your image. If not, then please have a look here.

The Jitsi told me that they had no development experience in Yokto.

Well, we don’t have any experience with Jitsi.

Best regards,
Jaski

Could you provide the version of the Software of your module? Which carrier board are you using?

I have colibri-imx-emmc 4.9.87-2.8.4+g3bb6e32 (Java 7).

You have to create a custom image with including your preferred version of Java.

I have a ready-made image. The device comes standard with the installed image. I can only add.

You need to check if the client is available on OpenEmbedded. If it is available, then you can include this in your image. If not, then please have a look here.

I have a very limited set of commands. How to install the clone command and others?
How to install commands to my image?
Thanks.

Hi

I have colibri-imx-emmc 4.9.87-2.8.4+g3bb6e32 (Java 7).

This version of the Bsp is not supported anymore. You need to update to Bsp 2.8b6.

I have a ready-made image. The device comes standard with the installed image. I can only add.

The device should come with Toradex Easy Installer. You can install either a regular Bsp or you compile yourself an image on your Host.

How to install the clone command and others?
How to install commands to my image?

This needs to be done on your host and not on module.

Best regards,
Jaski

Hello!
Is there a sip-communicator for yocto?

Hi, what exactly are you looking for? I did not understand your question.