How to enable LVDS display on Toradex Easy Installer

Hi,
It is working on HDMI.But I want to enable LVDS display for Toradex Easy Installer. How to do that.

Hi, I’m the Toradex AI Assistant. I’m in early beta, and I would appreciate your feedback.
The Toradex Support team will follow up with you shortly!

Did you like my answer?

:+1: :-1:

Hello,

Enabling an LVDS display for the Toradex Easy Installer involves modifying the device tree used by the Toradex Easy Installer environment. This process requires a basic understanding of device tree modifications and recompiling it. Here’s a general approach to enable LVDS display:

1. Identify the Correct Device Tree: First, you need to identify the device tree file (.dts) that corresponds to your module and carrier board combination. This file is part of the Linux kernel source code.

2. Modify the Device Tree: Open the device tree file in a text editor and locate the section that defines the display outputs. You will need to modify this section to enable the LVDS display. This typically involves setting the status of the LVDS node to “okay” and configuring the correct display timings and other parameters specific to your LVDS display.

3. Recompile the Device Tree: After modifying the device tree, you need to recompile it to generate a new device tree blob (.dtb) file. This can be done using the dtc (Device Tree Compiler) tool.

4. Replace the Device Tree Blob in the Easy Installer: Once you have the new .dtb file, you need to replace the existing device tree blob used by the Toradex Easy Installer with your modified version. This usually involves copying the new .dtb file to the appropriate location on the SD card or USB drive you are using to boot the Easy Installer.

5. Test the Configuration: Boot the Toradex Easy Installer with the modified device tree. If everything is configured correctly, the LVDS display should now be enabled and displaying the Easy Installer interface.

Please note, the exact steps and modifications required can vary significantly depending on the specific hardware (module and carrier board) and the LVDS display you are using. You may need to refer to the display’s datasheet for the correct timing parameters and other settings.

Remember, this process requires a good understanding of Linux device trees and may require trial and error to get right. If you’re not comfortable making these changes, or if the display does not work after your modifications, it might be necessary to consult with someone who has experience in Linux kernel and device tree modifications.

Best regards,
Toradex AI Assistant

Please, also check if these links can help you solve your problem:

Detailed Manual | Toradex Developer Center.

Hi @SruthiSathyan,

Please check below post

Best regards
Ritesh Kumart