How to cross-compile FLTK application in Toradex Version 2.8 LTS and newer

Hello, I have problem with cross-compiling my FLTK gui for Toradex Version 2.8 LTS. Until now I use colibri iMX6S and version 2.7, but now we want to migrate to version 2.8.

In previous version everything works with fltk-config script. We use it in custom make file. But for test I using now command: fltk-config --compile helloWord.cxx

In version 2.8 and I check also version 5.0 this procedure doesn’t work. If I look into script I can find wrong paths:

prefix=/home/klemen/colibri28/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/armv7at2hf-neon-mx6qdl-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/fltk/1.3.5-r0/build
but this directory doesn’t exist and also I get compile error libfltk.a:No such file or directory. I change this into:
prefix=/home/klemen/colibri28/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/sysroots-components/armv7at2hf-neon-mx6qdl/fltk/usr
than I get error fatal error: FL/Fl.H: No such file or directory

I change also
includedir=/home/klemen/colibri28/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/armv7at2hf-neon-mx6qdl-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/fltk/1.3.5-r0/fltk-1.3.5
to
includedir=/home/klemen/colibri28/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/sysroots-components/armv7at2hf-neon-mx6qdl/fltk/usr/include
than I get error fatal error: stdio.h: No such file or directory

So probably I will never come to the end with this errors. Could someone give me working fltk-config for Toradex-Yocto Version 2.8 LTS. Or some tip how to deal with this issue.

Thank you,
Klemen

Is it ok if I use instead of
CXX="FIXMESTAGINGDIRTARGET-native/usr/bin/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-g++"
just like in previuos versions (is that the same?)
CXX="arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc"

in fltk-crosscompile script is also
--sysroot=FIXMESTAGINGDIRTARGET
to which directory should point --sysroot in version 2.7 was ~/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/sysroots/colibri-imx6/
is this new --sysroot=~/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/sysroots-components/armv7ahf-neon/glibc/ ?

If I add into include also this path /oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/sysroots-components/armv7ahf-neon/glibc/ I get linker error:

~/gcc-linaro-7.3.1-2018.05-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/7.3.1/../../../../arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/ld: cannot find crti.o: No such file or directory
~/gcc-linaro-7.3.1-2018.05-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/7.3.1/../../../../arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/ld: cannot find -lpng
~/gcc-linaro-7.3.1-2018.05-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/7.3.1/../../../../arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/ld: cannot find -lz
~/gcc-linaro-7.3.1-2018.05-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/7.3.1/../../../../arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/ld: cannot find -ljpeg
~/gcc-linaro-7.3.1-2018.05-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/7.3.1/../../../../arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/ld: cannot find -lX11
~gcc-linaro-7.3.1-2018.05-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/7.3.1/../../../../arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/ld: cannot find -lXext
~/gcc-linaro-7.3.1-2018.05-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/7.3.1/../../../../arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/ld: cannot find -lpthread
~/gcc-linaro-7.3.1-2018.05-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/7.3.1/../../../../arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/ld: cannot find -lXft
~/gcc-linaro-7.3.1-2018.05-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/7.3.1/../../../../arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/ld: cannot find -lXrender
~/gcc-linaro-7.3.1-2018.05-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/7.3.1/../../../../arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/ld: cannot find -lfontconfig
~/gcc-linaro-7.3.1-2018.05-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/7.3.1/../../../../arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/ld: cannot find -ldl
~/gcc-linaro-7.3.1-2018.05-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/7.3.1/../../../../arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/ld: cannot find -lm 

crt1.o is located ~/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/sysroots-components/armv7ahf-neon/glibc/usr/lib/

How I set up this path to linker?

Any advice?

I test on FLTK version 1.3.4 and 1.3.5.

Hi @medicalSpark ,

Thank you for your patience.

Toradex does not have experience with FLTK. Looking into our community and found the following thread:

You might be better off either contacting the user that used it on their end or contacting FLTK support, I am pretty sure this is a better fit than the Toradex support.

Best Regards
Kevin