How do i configure windows Embedded 2013 to communicate via RS485?

I Have the Chip Max485 and don´t know how to connect it properly with the board and what do i need to change on windows registry. I´m using the ASTER board and Colibri IMX.6. When i try to make a connection between the software and the port, it shows ReadTimeout Error

I´m communicating with a weighing module, that i have already communicated with the desktop of windows 10. The error that i´m refering occurs when i send the command Readline() and it shows serial port exception: reading timeout. But when i send : Writeline() it works

I have already configurated the registry, but i´m not being able to communicate with the module. Is there anything else i need to configurate besides changing the registry and uses a TLL to 485 Converter?

Dear @rafagcf,

Could you please see our documentation : https://developer.toradex.com/knowledge-base/rs485, there is information about the changes required to enable RS485.

Also, please look our developer articles : https://developer.toradex.com/search?q=RS485, you would get samples for the RS485 program.

Let us know if you need any other support on this.

I have already configurated the registry, but i´m not being able to communicate with the module.
Is there anything else i need to configurate besides changing the registry and uses a TLL to 485 Converter?

Could you please clarify what exactly you do to communicate with a module and what are the symptoms of “not being able to communicate with the module”?

I´m communicating a weighing module, that i have already communicated with the desktop of windows 10. The error that i´m refering is that when i send the command "Writeline() "it works, But when i send : “Readline()” it shows serial port exception: reading timeout

Please send us the following information:

1. Schematic diagram of your RS485 circuit (How is the MAX485 connected to the Aster board, and how is the MAX485 connected to the external connector)
  2. Documentation of the weiging module (The weighing module’s specifications of the RS485 connection)
  3. Wiring diagram between your RS485 circuit and the weighing module

Regards, Andy