How can I update kernel with wic.gz file using yocto

Hello,

I was able to build apalis t30 embedded linux using yocto ( Apalis T30 linux mainline update using yocto - Technical Support - Toradex Community ). And after that I have got wic.gz image file (no bz2 image file as usual), so I was trying to command

gunzip -c LXDE-Image-apalis-t30-mainline.wic.gz | sudo dd of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=1M  iflag=fullblock oflag=direct conv=fsync

It seems like goes well into sdcard, but since I don’t have “update.sh”, I don’t know how to “run setupdate” or “run update” in t30 u-boot loader.

Is there anyway to make bz2 image file with *.conf setup?

Thank you in advance!

If you do not get our regular legacy and Toradex Easy Installer aka Tezi update packages I assume your build is still failing albeit towards the very end, not? It would really be best to post the exact log file thereof and fix whatever is still failing.

As for the wic.gz stuff that is just the raw eMMC resp. SD card image which is not directly compatible with neither our legacy update procedure nor the Toradex Easy Installer. That said, you may of course either put it on an SD card just like you did and boot it from there (e.g. doing run sdboot) or even directly extract/flash it to the eMMC (e.g. with some form of Embedded Linux booted off something other than the eMMC just like the Toradex Easy Installer runs off a RAM disc).