How can i prepare a bootable SD card to be using with Apalis imx6q?

I’m using Apalis iMX6Q and i want to boot from an SD card with Linux image V2.8b1 + Debian rootfs.
I have been following the steps bellow:

• Format SD Card with one FAT partition (like mentioned at point 2 on the preparation section here)

• Unpack a Toradex image and replace the content of the rootfs folder with the Debian rootfs.

• Execute ./update.sh -m1 -o /media/xxx/mmcblk0p1

• Enter the U-boot Cmdline :
    Apalis iMX6 # setenv drive 2
    Apalis iMX6 # setenv setupdate ‘fatload mmc ${drive}:1 ${loadaddr} flash_mmc.img; source ${loadaddr}’
    Apalis iMX6 # saveenv

• Reboot

But when I rebooted I got the problems in the attached images here.

Regards !

Are you going to keep kernel and Device Tree at eMMC?
IF so just do all steps described here - Flashing Embedded Linux to iMX6 Modules
And then prepare another SD card with desired Root FS and change emmcargs
from

ip=off root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 ro rootfstype=ext4 rootwait

to

ip=off root=/dev/mmcblk1p1 ro rootfstype=<type of rootfs> rootwait

Some additional information available here - Linux - Booting | Toradex Developer Center

Hi @alex.tx

When i executed the update.sh script to the mount point of the SD card I got only one partition with the folders in the picture, is that OK ?
[upload|HUib+XXjFmhbY0vIhJDSrHBW8+0=]
[upload|BTT2DlzOWmnH6usVCekyY4gSgLA=]

When I executed the update.sh script to the mount point of the SD card I got only one partition with the folders in the picture, is that OK?

I guess that depends on what exactly you expect the update.sh script to be doing.

As stated in the above-mentioned legacy update procedure documentation the update.sh script just generates an update media for later use by run setupdate; run update on a module via U-Boot command shell which subsequently updates the on-module eMMC flash. Nothing more and nothing less.

Maybe the above-mentioned developer website article about Embedded Linux boot scenarios answers your question.

If you do expect anything different then please start with stating what exactly it is you are trying to achieve. Please also state what exact hardware and software versions of things you are talking about.

Please also note that BSP 2.8b1 is considered obsolete and is no longer supported.

BTW: Such screenshots are not really much useful. Much better would be textual output of either the commands you entered into any shells or resp. debug output.