How can I power the Ixora Carrier Board continuously?

How can I power the Ixora Carrier Board continuously?

I would like to turn the power of the Ixora Carrier Board on and off in a automated manner. To beeing able to do this I need some way to power the board continuously. (When using connector X2 for power supply pressing down the On/Off button SW1 all the time is no option.)

How can I supply the Ixora Carrier Board with power continuously?

Dear @Florian_K, thank you very much for the interest in our products and for using the Toradex Developer Community.

You have two options to implement a behavior similar to what you describe:

1. Always ON Jumper (JP1): if you insert a shunt humper on the connector JP1, the Ixora carrier board will turn on automatically as soon as you provide the required power at the connectors X2 or X3.

You can find this information in section 3.2.2.2 on page 13 of the Ixora carrier board datasheet:

This jumper basically bypasses the push button controller circuit.

1. Power Control Header (X5): this connector can be used to control the Ixora carrier board behavior. In particular, the pin 3 of the Power Control Header X5 can be used to override the Pushbutton controller.

If you provide 3.3V on this pin, the Ixora carrier board is Always On when power is applied to the connectors X2 or X3.

This information can be found in section 3.2.2.1 on page 13 of the Ixora carrier board datasheet.

I really hope this helps, please don’t hesitate to use again the Toradex Developer Community if required.

Option 1) is working for me.

What’s the part number of the shunt jumpers used on the Ixora carrier boards?

Hello @Waunye11 ,
You can buy those jumpers in bulk, for example:

P.S. Please avoid reopening old topics that have already been solved :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Josep