GTKmm installation fails for Torizon | Missing mesa driver

Hello everyone,

I am trying to run a GTKmm application on a Verdin iMX8M Plus Quad. So I followed the tutorials on how to set up the Torizon VS Code extension. After adding the required library the SDK rebuilds and VS Code reloads. It compiles the application as expected.

However while trying to build the container for the board it fails as it does not find all the dependencies. In particular it lists the following ones:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libepoxy-dev : Depends: libegl-dev
Depends: libgl-dev

libgtk-3-dev : Depends: libegl1-mesa-dev

Weirdly that was not the case last week, as I already build a simple GTKmm Application there before. However this always failed with a segmentation fault as soon as

application->run(window)

line was reached. So in trying to figure out the problem I updated everything and created a new application but this time it does not even build anymore.

I would be grateful for any ideas on how to solve this, we want to use the board for an upcoming project but the UI is already developed with GTKmm.

Best
Christian

Dear @cwoznik,

Welcome to our community :rocket: ! Please feel free to roam around and explore.

Can you please share more information about your current setup?

• Which OS runs on your host computer?
  • Which VSCode Extension Version do you have?
  • Which Torizon Extension and version do you have?
  • How are you adding the packages to your projects? Are you doing something like:
  • Do you have any more complete error log for us to have a look into?

Thanks a lot!

Dear @gclaudino.tx ,

as I was typing out my answers I found the mistake by myself. I also added the libgtk-3.0-dev package into extrapackages instead of just the runtime libgtkmm-3.0-1v5 package.

I do not know why I did not think about that before. After changing the correct library it now works.

Thanks for your help.

Dear @cwoznik,

Thanks for the update. I’m glad it’s working now. I’ll tag the post as solved then.