Gst-launch-1.0 error

Hi
Using iMX7d 512M Colibri module, I get an error at the end of playing audio file “ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstQueue:queue0: Internal data stream error.”
Is it possible to get more information on this error or to explain it ?

Thank you

My gst-launch-1.0 version is : 1.16.2
My kernel version is : Linux 5.4.61-0+git.fc5f79d304d7 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Feb 21 17:56:05 UTC 2022 armv7l GNU/Linux

Hi @Phil_Elec !

IIRC, you can increase gst-launch’s verbosity by adding -v, -vv, -vvv, … to your arguments.

If you would like to get more help, please share the following information:

• Toradex module’s full name and version
  • Which OS are you using? Is it TorizonCore? Is it one of Toradex Reference Images? Or you built it yourself?
    • In any case, please share the output of cat /etc/os-release and cat /etc/issue
  • Please share the GStreamer pipeline you are executing
  • Please share the output of gst-inspect for the file you are trying to playback

Best regards,

Hi Henrique

Thank you for the informations.
Module we use is : Col iMX7D 512MB V1.1D.

OS is built by us (Yocto)

The Gstreamer command that is used is : gst-launch-1.0 uridecodebin uri=file:///home/root/audio.wav ! audioconvert ! audio/x-raw,channels=1 ! audioresample ! volume name="cs4000_volume" ! tee name=tee0 ! queue max-size-buffers=1 max-size-bytes=0 max-size-time=0 tee0. ! queue max-size-buffers=1 max-size-bytes=0 max-size-time=0 ! jackaudiosink port-pattern=system:playback_1

cat /etc/issue send : OpenEmbedded nodistro.0 \n \l
/etc/os-release doesn’t exist.
gst-inspect command is not available

Complementary information on the error message is :
read(5, “W”, 1) = 1
futex(0xdb048c, FUTEX_WAKE_PRIVATE, 1) = 0
write(14, “\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0”, 8) = 8
futex(0xed2a24, FUTEX_WAKE_PRIVATE, 2147483647) = 0
write(2, “ERROR: from element /GstPipeline”…, 88ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstQueue:queue0: Internal data stream error.
) = 88
write(2, “Additional debug info:\n…/…/…/”…, 197Additional debug info:
…/…/…/gstreamer-1.16.2/plugins/elements/gstqueue.c(988): gst_queue_handle_sink_event (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstQueue:queue0:
streaming stopped, reason not-linked (-1)
) = 197
rt_sigaction(SIGINT, {sa_handler=SIG_DFL, sa_mask=, sa_flags=SA_RESTORER, sa_restorer=0x48b2b241}, NULL, 8) = 0
rt_sigaction(SIGHUP, {sa_handler=SIG_DFL, sa_mask=, sa_flags=SA_RESTORER, sa_restorer=0x48b2b241}, NULL, 8) = 0
write(1, “Execution ended after 0:00:14.38”…, 40Execution ended after 0:00:14.387400750
) = 40
write(1, “Setting pipeline to PAUSED …\n”, 31Setting pipeline to PAUSED …
) = 31
futex(0xeb40d0, FUTEX_WAKE_PRIVATE, 2147483647) = 0

Thank you

Hi @Phil_Elec !

Thanks for the information.

Which Toradex BSP version are you using to build your image?

From your answer, seems like you are not building the default Toradex Reference Multimedia Image.
Is that right?

Could you please try to run the same GStreamer pipeline on the Toradex Reference Multimedia Image and share the results? In this image, you will find available more GStreamer tools like gst-inspect, gst-discover, and so on.

You can install the pre-built Toradex Reference Multimedia Image using the Toradex Easy Installer: Loading Toradex Easy Installer | Toradex Developer Center.

I would like you to try on the Reference Multimedia Image because this is a setup that I could more easily reproduce on my side to test if needed.

Best regards,

Hi Henrique

Regarding tools, I finally find gst-inspect-1.0 and gst-discoverer-1.0 and you fill find in attached files the result for each command on my module.
Regarding the Toradex BSP version, we used it one year ago in the first version of the project and we didn’t have the problem for this function.
We have changed to a mainline kernel v5.4.61 because of an other problem (random audio channel shifting) that has been solved by the version.

Best Regards

result-gst-discover-1.0.txt (310 Bytes)
result-gst-inspect-1.0.txt (27.7 KB)

Hi @Phil_Elec !

Thanks for the command outputs.

Did you manage to run your pipeline on a Toradex Reference Multimedia image? Was your issue reproducible in this image?

Best regards,