Flashing Embedded Linux to iMX6 Modules - Preparation

Hello,

On my Apalis iMX6 development board I have WEC2013 running, but now I want to switch to Linux.
To do this I have installed Oracle CM virtualbox with either Ubuntu 14.04.05 and the latest version.
After this I followed the steps that are described here: Flashing Embedded Linux to iMX6 Modules. But when I try to run the ./update.sh command, I run into an error. The error is that the script aborted unexpectedly:

Does any one of you know if this is a problem with the Virtualbox program version, Linux OS version or the update.sh file itself? I already tried different way for the last two days, but it seems that I don’t getting to work with me.

Many thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Remco

And you did install all the pre-requisites as noted on that article you linked to?

Yes in my 64-bit Ubuntu OS I used (latest version):

sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install dosfstools e2fsprogs gawk mtools parted
sudo apt-get install zlib1g:i386 liblzo2-2:i386 libuuid1:i386 libusb-1.0-0:i386

For my 32-bit Ubuntu OSI used (14.04.05):

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install dosfstools e2fsprogs gawk mtools parted
sudo apt-get install zlib1g liblzo2-2 libuuid1 libusb-1.0-0

I think I spotted the issue now. You are supposed to extract the BSP demo image package somewhere on your harddrive rather then already onto the update media being e.g. the USB stick or SD card. Only during the second step when executing our update script you are supposed to give it the path to the update media e.g.:

cd
sudo tar xjvf Apalis_iMX6_LinuxImageV2.7Beta1_20170112.tar.bz2
cd Apalis_iMX6_LinuxImageV2.7
./update.sh -o /media/sf_G_DRIVE

Makes sense?