Flash corrupted after some time

Hello,

I have seen that the VF50 flash has been corrupted some times. Most of the times the u-boot still working.

When it happen I have to flash the image again using a SD Card.

Any suggestion?

Which Kernel version are you using?

I’m using the 4.0.5 kernel version.

Please, update to your last Kernel Version toradex_vf_4.1.

http://git.toradex.com/cgit/linux-toradex.git/log/?h=toradex_vf_4.1

I belive it will solve flash issues.

The current top of brach toradex_vf_4.1 uses the NFC driver which has been accepted upstream and will likely be part of vanilla Linux 4.4. One of the changes fixes race condition which could lead to read issues:

http://git.toradex.com/cgit/linux-toradex.git/commit/?h=toradex_vf_4.1&id=c303ef128309236cf5d62567a9f120451b3cce9a

Please note that the device tree format changed! Hence you need to update the device tree from that branch too!

What about Tegra T-20? I’ve got similar problem with flash. Sometimes flash is corrupted after few days of working. The working period is not regular. Sometimes crashes after few days and sometimes after two months. Can I update kernel to newest “tegra” branch and it should helps? I based on commit 34c582454102a4ba20d6bcaec1e92593d62071c5.

The Tegra devices a different NAND driver and Linux kernel version. It is unlikely that the T20 issue is directly related to this Colibri VF50 flash issue. The two device also use different kernel git trees, so the answer above does not apply to Colibri T20.

Can you create a new question or comment on the relevant ticket (e.g. Ubifs power cuts errors (oe-v2.6) on Colibri T20 - Technical Support - Toradex Community)

We are using VF50 modules, with Colibri_VF_LinuxConsoleImageV2.5 and Kernel 4.1.15-dirty in a product. We have received a couple of units back from customers with what appears to be corrupt flash. One is missing files that should never be deleted, another will not boot.

Could these problems be related to this post? What is the best solution?

Maybe, but could you please open a new question referring to this one if you like as hijacking old questions is really discouraged.