[FAILED] Failed to start Load Kernel Modules

After flashing a new kernel with ath10k drivers added I’m getting the following errors in the boot output:

[FAILED] Failed to start Load Kernel Modules.

[FAILED] Failed to start Load default USB gadget schema g1.schema.

My ethernet port has disappeared too. I’m not sure if this is the cause or a symptom of these errors.
I’m also not sure if this is multiple issues–I’m happy to re post separately if needed.

I have my Silex SX-PCEAC card plugged in but this does not seem to change this error.

In a simular post, that does not seem to have a conclusion, I see requests for output from:“status systemd-modules-load.service”, “journalctl -b | grep modules.load” and “dmesg”. These are attached below:

Any thoughts?

link text

It appears that the kernel modules were not deployed with the latest kernel. Please follow the steps provided in the kernel build documentation to build & deploy the kernel modules.

As mentioned in the deployment section of the documentation, since your rootfs is already deployed to the target, you may opt to tarball the kernel modules generated by the make modules_install command on the host system and untar them on the rootfs of the target system. After the modules are installed on the target, enter depmod and reboot.

This worked, no errors in my boot sequence. Thanks a bunch Brandon. I’ll post the next issue I’m seeing separately.

In my case, I have the same problem but I’m not able to execute ‘make modules_install’.

I have compile the kernel modules following this tutorial. Step by step and everything as expected. Finally, when I try to deploy them and execute commandsudo -E make INSTALL_MOD_PATH=/home/sop/Apalis-iMX6_LXDE-Image_2.7.4/rootfs/ modules_install’ the following error comes up:

make: arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc: Commnad not found
cp: cannot stat ‘./modules.order’: No such file or directory
Makefile:1126: recipe for target ‘modinst’ failed
make: *** [modinst] Error 1

What am I doing wrong?

Please ask a new question!