Explorer.exe bahaviour

Hi All,

–Explorer.exe behaviour–

I am developing an application which is to run in a Colibri VF61 board. The application is a long running process and it creates a day wise log file. Every time it logs a message in the log file (.txt file), it opens the file, appends the message in the file and close it. It may write in every 2-3 seconds interval. When I keep the folder open, that contains the log file, i can see in the explorer window that numerous files are being created with the same name (perhaps for each append) flooding my explorer window. No problem at all. I right click on the explorer window, click the refresh option, all temp files go vanished and only a single file of that name shows. Then again temp files of same name begins to flood, I click the ‘refresh’ option and so on.

Now I keep the application running and also keep the log folder open and let it run for 16 hours (without any refresh click). After that period of time, I see in the Colibri Monitor 1.7 that the explorer.exe CPU usage is 82.7% . The system goes hanged and very slow and I could not close the folder window. Though the other applications, including mine, show normal CPU usage.

Do you know where is my fault? Did i skip any important setting of my OS?

Now, I am again repeating my experiment, but this time keeping all windows closed except the Colibri Monitor.

With regards,

Could you please also test on windows embedded compact 7,
Thanks

Ok, I shall try for that version.

By the way, my second experiment was successful and result was ‘first class’.

But an open window which is being flooded with temp files and which goes beyond the control of explorer.exe will be a problem later on. I think this is an OS problem.

Thanks.

Is there any reason found for this in Windows Embedded Compact 2013?

Explorer is not something officially supported on WEC2013 and we built it from source code. I was able to reproduce your issue but not fix it.

Do you have any timeline on when do you need this fix? Also is this something you will use or did you just notice during development?

Explorer is not something officially supported on WEC2013 and we built it from source code. I was able to reproduce your issue but not fix it.

Do you have any timeline on when do you need this fix? Also is this something you will use or did you just notice during development?