after applying the mircel ethernet patch on my boards i experience ethernet link problems. I cannot proof it is related to the patch but it started happening back then.
With serial connection i can see:
- the interface has no link with
- the Link LED on the Viola RJ45 is showing a link
- the interface transfered data already
- there are no messages in dmesg or syslog
cat /proc/interruptseth interrupt counter stands still
- rebooting or reconnecting the corresponding ethernet device wont help
- soft- and hard-rebooting the imx6 resolves the problem temporarily for hours to weeks
I havent found anything related to this in the kernel repository.
What could be my next steps?