Error message when flashing Toradex easy installer to Apalis iMX6

Hi all, I tried to flash the Toradex easy installer to an apalis iMX6. I used multiple host computers running different Windows operation systems, including Windows 8, Windows 10. Nevertheless, I met the following error message. I also plug the usb cable to USB2.0 connector but it does not help.

Do you have an idea how it happens?

error message (the last 2 lines):

config file <recovery\\\imx_usb.conf>
vid=0x15a2 pid=0x0054 file_name=mx6_usb_rom.conf
-> vid=0x1b67 pid=0x4fff file_name=mx6_usb_sdp_spl.conf
-> vid=0x1b67 pid=0x4000 file_name=mx6_usb_sdp_uboot.conf
vid=0x15a2 pid=0x0061 file_name=mx6_usb_rom.conf
-> vid=0x1b67 pid=0x4fff file_name=mx6_usb_sdp_spl.conf
-> vid=0x1b67 pid=0x4000 file_name=mx6_usb_sdp_uboot.conf
vid=0x15a2 pid=0x0076 file_name=mx7_usb_rom.conf
-> vid=0x1b67 pid=0x4000 file_name=mx7_usb_sdp_uboot.conf
vid=0x15a2 pid=0x0080 file_name=mx6ull_usb_rom.conf
-> vid=0x1b67 pid=0x4000 file_name=mx6ull_usb_sdp_uboot.conf
config file <recovery\\\mx6_usb_rom.conf>
parse recovery\\\mx6_usb_rom.conf
Trying to open device vid=0x15a2 pid=0x0054
Interface 0 claimed
HAB security state: development mode (0x56787856)
== work item
filename SPL
load_size 0 bytes
load_addr 0x13f00000
dcd 0
clear_dcd 0
plug 0
jump_mode 3
jump_addr 0x00000000
== end work item

loading binary file(SPL) to 00907400, skip=0, fsize=bc00 type=aa

<<<48128, 48128 bytes>>>
succeeded (status 0x88888888)
jumping to 0x00907400
config file <recovery\\\mx6_usb_sdp_spl.conf>
parse recovery\\\mx6_usb_sdp_spl.conf
Trying to open device vid=0x1b67 pid=0x4fff.........................
Could not open device vid=0x1b67 pid=0x4fff
Press any key to continue . . .

Could you please capture serial debug output from Apalis?

It is like this:

U-Boot 2016.11-2.7.4+g1b121c6 (Oct 04 2017 - 22:34:15 +0000)                    

CPU:   Freescale i.MX6Q rev1.5 at 792 MHz                                       
Reset cause: POR                                                                
I2C:   ready                                                                    
DRAM:  2 GiB                                                                    
PMIC:  device id: 0x10, revision id: 0x21, programmed                           
MMC:   FSL_SDHC: 0, FSL_SDHC: 1, FSL_SDHC: 2                                    
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment                                

auto-detected panel HDMI                                                        
Display: HDMI (1024x768)                                                        
In:    serial                                                                   
Out:   serial                                                                   
Err:   serial                                                                   
Model: Toradex Apalis iMX6 Quad 2GB IT V1.1C, Serial# 05170982                  
Net:   using PHY at 7                                                           
FEC [PRIME]                                                                     
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0                                                
Apalis iMX6 #     bmode usb                                                     
resetting ...                                                                   

Industrial temperature grade DDR3 timings.                                      
Trying to boot from USB SDP                                                     
g_dnl_register: failed!, error: -19                                             
SDP: initialize...                                                              
SDP: handle requests...

Actually it starts from here:

Apalis iMX6 #     bmode usb                                                     
 resetting ...                                                                   

Industrial temperature grade DDR3 timings.                                      
 Trying to boot from USB SDP                                                     
 g_dnl_register: failed!, error: -19                                             
 SDP: initialize...                                                              
 SDP: handle requests...

What Carrier Board are you using? Can you try with a different USB cable?

Hello, I have the exact same problem.

I am using Apalis iMX6 on an Ixora Carrier Board, and a Windows 10 host. The answer from the serial port is the same wether I enter recovery mode from the U-Boot or shortening the hardware pads.

And you did remove JP2 and have nothing plugged into the lower X8?

BTW: Rather than hijacking an old question it would be better to ask a new one giving all the details about your environment so we may better help you.

And you did remove JP2 and have
nothing plugged into the lower X8?

The JP2 was already removed and no USB connected to the lower X8, I removed two USB devices I had connected to the upper X8 and X7 but the result is the same.

BTW: Rather than hijacking an old
question it would be better to ask a
new one giving all the details about
your environment so we may better help
you.

Sorry about that, I’m new to the community. I’ll keep this in mind for future questions

May I suggest for you to try a different USB cable, USB port, going through a USB hub vs. direct connection or even trying a completely different PC preferably running any sane OS.

Ok I’ve changed the cable, I was using the USB micro A to female USB A cable from the carrier board accessory kit and a male USB A to male USB A cable i had in hand, now I use a normal USB micro A to male USB A and it Works just fine, thanks for the advice