I was trying to install android on Apalis IMX6Q IT 2GB with Ixora v1.0A carrier board using Toradex Easy Installer, but it failed to load Easy installer. It ended with an error “claim interface failed” after running the recovery script. I proceeded as follows:
- Connected power, HDMI, x9 microUSB(or x8 lower USB), and for USB debugging (using USB to Serial (DB9) converter), connected UART1 or X22s RxD(Ixora) → TxD(DB9 connector), TxD(Ixora)->RxD(DB9 connector), and GND->GND.
- On Tera Term, configured the Baud rate to 115200, 8N1 with No flow control.
- Powered the board and stopped auto-booting by pressing space on tera term terminal.
- Then sent ‘bmode usb’ command through tera term to load installer from USB which rebooted the module.
- After that i executed ‘recovery-windows.bat’ script on host machine to start Toradex Easy Installer on module.
- The script execution ended with an error “Trying to open device vid = 0x1b67 pid = 0x4777 \n claim interface failed”.
I’ve tried different USB and microUSB, checked the flow control (None)…same error every time.
I’ve used Windows 7 pc