Erase (c) Flash Problem

Hi All

I have two problems:

1. On my board (Ixora V1.1A - Apalis iMX6Q 2GB) the following commands do not work:

Apalis iMX6 # setenv drive 2
    Apalis iMX6 # setenv setupdate ‘fatload mmc ${drive}:1 ${loadaddr} flash_mmc.img; source ${loadaddr}’
    Apalis iMX6 # saveenv
    In order to try flashing the board I must do:

Apalis iMX6 # printenv
    Apalis iMX6 # env default -a
    Apalis iMX6 # saveenv
    This second form is the only way to run “run update”

Apalis iMX6 # run setupdate
    Apalis iMX6 # run update

2. The following commands at least run (I’m not sure if it updates after running):

‘run update_uboot’
    ‘run update_kernel’
    ‘run update_fdt’
    But command not running: ‘run update_rootfs’

3. Is VERY BIG PROBLEM!!!

I used the easy installer to update the operating system. It worked very well but then I pressed the button “Erase Flash (c)” and I no longer functioned the board.

How do I make it work again ???

Please help a woman who is starting to study these products.

Thank you.

Natacha

1. On my board (Ixora V1.1A - Apalis iMX6Q 2GB) the following commands do not work:

What exact hardware version of the Apalis iMX6Q 2GB are you talking about and what exact BSP flavour/version?

Apalis iMX6 # setenv drive 2 Apalis iMX6 # setenv setupdate ‘fatload mmc ${drive}:1 ${loadaddr} flash_mmc.img; source ${loadaddr}’ Apalis iMX6 # saveenv

Why exactly would you want to do above commands? Why not just run setupdate; run update?

In order to try flashing the board I must do:

Apalis iMX6 # printenv Apalis iMX6 # env default -a Apalis iMX6 # saveenv

What exactly are you trying to achieve which needs above commands?

This second form is the only way to run “run update”

Apalis iMX6 # run setupdate Apalis iMX6 # run update

Yes, but what speaks against this regular use thereof?

1. The following commands at least run (I’m not sure if it updates after running):

‘run update_uboot’ ‘run update_kernel’ ‘run update_fdt’

But command not running: ‘run update_rootfs’

Depending on what versions of things you are talking about there exists no such separate run update_rootfs but you would rather have to use one or a combination of run update_1, run update_2 and/or run update_3 for the same where number one flashes a new MBR, number two the separate VFAT partition containing the Linux kernel and device tree and last but not least number three being the EXT3 root file system (should the partitioning etc. already be in place).

1. Is VERY BIG PROBLEM!!!

I used the easy installer to update the operating system. It worked very well but then I pressed the button “Erase Flash (c)” and I no longer functioned the board.

Well, ‘Erase Flash (c)’ does actually do exactly that, erase the whole of flash. So you won’t be left with anything running after power-cycling. The idea would be to flash something again immediately subsequent to erasing the flash. Otherwise you would need to proceed according to the recovery mode flashing either using the legacy procedure or the Toradex Easy Installer recovery.

How do I make it work again ???

1 and 2) When flashing my compiled image the root loggin stops working.

What exact flavour/version of our BSP did you build?

Why does that happen? Is there anything that is not updated when I burn my image on the image that is in flash memory?

How exactly did you go about flashing it?

1. I could easily restore the system (from Windows and Linux, it’s almost the same) but I do not know how to load my image with the Toradex Easy Installer. The Toradex Easy Installer does not detect an image on the SD card or a USB flash drive.

How exactly did you go about putting the same on the SD card or USB flash drive? You would need to extract resp. tezi .tar file e.g. as downloaded at the bottom of the following article on our developer website.

What format should my image have to be able to be flashed using the Toradex Easy Installer?

That would be according to the contents of such tezi .tar files really.

Thanks for your reply!

1 and 2) When flashing my compiled image the root login stops working. Why does that happen? Is there anything that is not updated when I burn my image on the image that is in flash memory?

1. I could easily restore the system (from Windows and Linux, it’s almost the same) but I do not know how to load my image with the Toradex Easy Installer. The Toradex Easy Installer does not detect an image on the SD card or a USB flash drive. What format should my image have to be able to be flashed with the Toradex Easy Installer?