EMMC extra partition for firmware update in apalis-imx6 gives error

Hi Team,

We are trying to create a extra partition for the emmc for firmware update. We have made some changes in the update.sh file. Fortunately, we were able to create the extra partition(3rd partition), but when we try to access the partition using command " ls mmc 0:3 " , we get :
Failed to mount ext2 filesystem…
** Unrecognized filesystem type **
Could you please suggest how to fix this?
Please find the screenshot and the modified update.sh filelink text
2039-error.jpg

HI @Surajeet

Thanks for writing to the Toradex Community!

Could you provide the version software version of your module?
Please share your ./update.sh script.

Thanks and best regards,
Jaski

Hi @jaski.tx ,

The version is Apalis-iMX6_LXDE-Image_2.8.6b
Please find the update.sh file in the attachment.

Regards
Surajeet
link text

Hi Surajeet

Thanks for the file. You need also to change the u-boot script as described here.

Best regards,
Jaski

Hi @jaski.tx ,

Thank you for your response. I will make the changes and hopefully this should sort my issue.

Regards
Surajeet

Hi Surajeet

You are welcome. Let us know if you have other questions.

Best regards,
Jaski

Hi @jaski.tx ,

Could you please give some pointers on what needs to be edited in the u-boot script.
Link:
http://git.toradex.com/cgit/meta-toradex.git/tree/recipes/images/files/colibri-imx6/colibri-imx6_bin/flash_blk.scr?h=V2.4-next#n16

Regards
Surajeet

Hi

You need to change in which partition you want to write Rootfs. Did you follow the instructions described in the link above?

Best regards,
Jaski

What exact software versions of things are you talking about?

Nowadays, rather than editing any of them legacy update scripts on would rather use the Toradex Easy Installer as described e.g. here:

Hi @jaski.tx,

Greetings!!

I have made the changes in the u-boot script and was able to populate third partition with rootfs successfully. Does ${drive}:1 refer to the partitions of the emmc. And what changes should I make so that I can use the rootfs from the third partition (mmc 0:3)? Please suggest…

Regards
Surajeet

Hi @jaski.tx,

Greetings!!

I have made the changes in the u-boot script and was able to populate third partition with rootfs successfully. Does ${drive}:1 refer to the partitions of the emmc. And what changes should I make so that I can use the rootfs from the third partition (mmc 0:3)? Please suggest…

Regards
Surajeet