Hello Toradex team,
I hope you are all doing great!
- SoM Verdin IMX8M Plus Quad 4GB WB IT v1.1A
- Heatsink Verdin Industrial Heatsink Type 1 V1.0B
- Dual-Band Wi-Fi/Bluetooth PCB Antenna 100mm V1.0A
- Custom Carrier Board based on Verdin
- Linux verdin-imx8mp-14777482 5.15.77-6.3.0+git.ddc6ca4d76ea #1-TorizonCore SMP PREEMPT Thu Jun 29 10:14:22 UTC 2023 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux
- torizon-core-docker-verdin-imx8mp-Tezi_6.3.0+build.4.tar (STABLE Release)
- macOS (M1 Pro ARM64)
- Linux ubuntu (VM x86_64)
I’m having trouble to setup a
udev rules to read the EEPROM only with user permission. The EEPROM is the same as the one on the Verdin board: i2c3@0x57.
I can access it with
sudo access as follow:
$ sudo cat /sys/devices/platform/soc@0/30800000.bus/30a50000.i2c/i2c-3/3-0057/eeprom
But I have to give the sudo permission, and I don’t want to for security reason.
I plan to store the serial number of my device on the EEPROM, and I want to be able to use it from my docker container. I have found this link but nobody seems to have a solution… Does anyone ever use this EEPROM and have an idea how I can access it ?